Depression hit me unexpected, I've lost my appetite and now have a shortness of breath

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 19 year old male uni student living with 5 others in a flat.

I opened up to one of the flatmates about the amount of physical and emotional abuse ive been through, and after that moment I have been feeling really sad and changed the way I feel dramatically, I normally get very hungry at very specific times but now I just dont and sometimes forget to eat or make too much food, even after eating i feel like its just trying to get back out and can feel the food for hours in my stomach, but now my torso is chaking every few minutes, and it scares the living out of me, I cant concentrate anymore as i have this deep feeling that I never had before, everytime i try to express my self i just end up crying every times i try, this is not normal and it hit me so suddenly, and the worst feeling of all is the feeling of having a short breath which becomes worse after eating.

Can anyone please help me? do I need a doctor?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How are you feeling now Dray?  I get very similar feelings.  Uncomfortable feeling in chest after eating like an indigestion ie trapped win in the chest.  I've been to the doctors with this complaint and have been diagnosed with ibs.  The good news is when I'm settled mentally and not stressed the symptoms go but as soon as I feel unsettled the uncomfortable feeling return.  
    • Posted

I am feeling much worse this morning as i was unable to eat breakfast it just wouldnt go down. im starting to feel very week and my mind just wont stop racing I wish this could be over
    • Posted

App playing up as you can see.  Try to f
    • Posted

Focus on positive thoughts tomorrow is another day and it will be a better day.  If you can get through yesterday and today then you can get through Tomorow!  Try to eat little and often 
    • Posted

ty for the kind words 

i have a therapy sessions tomorrow but dont know if i should go or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.