Depression in benzo tolerance

Posted , 6 users are following.

tolerance to benzo is awful. nobody told me about it and dr just kept writing prescriptions saying youre not on a high dose. now i am very depressed and need help, they have tried many anti depressants, all were intolerable, i feel really unwell and unable to have a normal day. dr says i have GaD but i feel i am so down he isnt willing to try another anti dep. what can i do?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Anne, have you looked into TMS ? there are so many antidepressants maybe you need a second opinion. just a thought sorry you are struggling but there is hope and may options. Find a new doctor

• Posted

Anne, have you looked into TMS ? there are so many antidepressants maybe you need a second opinion. just a thought sorry you are struggling but there is hope and may options. Find a new doctor

• Posted

thank you. yes i have been in touch with tms and when i asked psychiatrist here he more or less dismissed it. i found that quite disgusting for a professional. i am still thinking about it though. do you know much about it?

• Posted

Benzos do not cure anything. I would change my dr if he/she was willing to provide me with an unlimited supply of benzodiazepines. You said that you have already tried different types of antidepressants - would you be able to tell exactly which meds did you take in the past?

• Posted

they have tried me with prozac, sertraline, trazodone,lofepramine, duloxetine, amitriptylene, dosulepin, risperidone,seroquel and many others. all gave me terrible side effects so were changed. thats why im left with diazepam. i still feel there must be something out there to help my depression and anxiety. my days are so compromised i hardly go anywhere.

• Posted

hi ann, i may not have any idea what this drug does but i know i will never take any antifepressant if i can avoid it. i have depression and i am having counselling at the moment to help me to cope, i also walk everyday, it doesn't matter where, it's just being out that is beneficial. go to a relaxation class, go and swim, speak to friends, sometimes i find talking to anyone else stops me going stir crazy or you could try mindfulness. i hope you get the support you need.

• Posted

i have had counselling, many times, and hypnosis, acupuncture and homeopathy. i walk every day its dry. i cannot bear the thought of a class, i used to do yoga but cant face going anywhere like that. confidence has totally disappeared. i can only just get to shops but want to run home quickly. some days i can speak to friends on phone, others not. i think i cannot defeat this anymore and may end up on meds which dont suit me.

• Posted

the only other suggestion i have is to try a yoga app at home. it sounds like you have anxiety too. i wish you luck!

• Posted

yes imhave been diagnosed with GAD. i may be able to get a one to one yoga session at home i heard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.