Depression/Insomnia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, could anyone reply who has been prescribed 10mg Amitriptyline for Depression and irregular sleeping patterns, I have, but as yet I have not started the medication I was hoping to get some feed back on your personal experiences. I'm required to take one 10mg tablet before going to bed for 56days.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Im currently taking Fluoxitine for anxiety and depression and Zopiclone for Insomnia. My sleep pattern is very terrible ( i get off to sleepm fine then wake after an hour or so then im hyperactive for several hours then go into deep sleep an hour or so before im due to wake up) Zopiclone has worked a couple of times but make me groggy the next day. Has anyone ever suffered with anything similar to this, if so do you know of any therepy i could try as i don't like taking too many tablets.

• Posted

I have been taking AMI for six months or so. I was started out at 50mg to help me sleep at night, my problem was I could not get tired for the life of me at night and this worked. If and when you take this medication, make sure you take it when your going to be in a safe place..meaning you might want to be close to where you plan on sleeping. When I first took this medication within 45 mins I would get tired at the drop of a pin and have to be close to where I plan on sleeping. It hit me hard. I noticed i was sleeping through the night and felt good the next day. I then started taking a higher dose about two months later because 50mg was no longer working. I am currently taking 100mg an hour before i am ready for bed. I can say i am very satisfied with this medication and it doesn't seem to hit me all the sudden and instantly make me want to fall asleep...i can at least make it into my bed now without falling aleep trying to get there. ONE BIG ISSUE I have had on this medication isdry mouth!!!!! Good Luck!
  • Posted

I have been taking AMI for six months or so. I was started out at 50mg to help me sleep at night, my problem was I could not get tired for the life of me at night and this worked. If and when you take this medication, make sure you take it when your going to be in a safe place..meaning you might want to be close to where you plan on sleeping. When I first took this medication within 45 mins I would get tired at the drop of a pin and have to be close to where I plan on sleeping. It hit me hard. I noticed i was sleeping through the night and felt good the next day. I then started taking a higher dose about two months later because 50mg was no longer working. I am currently taking 100mg an hour before i am ready for bed. I can say i am very satisfied with this medication and it doesn't seem to hit me all the sudden and instantly make me want to fall asleep...i can at least make it into my bed now without falling aleep trying to get there. ONE BIG ISSUE I have had on this medication isdry mouth!!!!! Good Luck!
  • Posted

I take 20mg nightly for headaches and I don't get tired so maybe 10mg won't be enough to help you fall asleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.