Depression is making myself to detach from my friends.What can be done?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been depressed severely for almost 1 year. The days keep going on and am trying to better myself regarding my depression but facing repetitive failures. I believe in my friends more than me and i hoped that they could help me out in handling this which again is a misinterpretation. They doubt me for my activities eventhough i've said enoough about my feels. Right now am feeling as the world's most worthless person incapable of keeping my relationships to me. My attempts are going in vain and am unable to consult any doctors right now. I just feel like i want to stay away from everyone alone and aloof. Nobody is ready to give me the time to recover and am undergoing constant insults and blamings for behaving in an inappropriate way. So, on the whole i have made a circle for myself and i should be the only one within it speaking very less and doing things which won't irritate or affect others. Please do share your opinions and is there any solution to come out of this bubble.

P.S- Self harm has been a constant stress reliever and almost addicted to it.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

May I ask how you were treated by your guardians while you were growing up? Often that is the root of our depression. But it sounds like you have behavioural problems that are repeating themselves and only you can change that. It's a lot of work but you are worth it. There are some really good site on the internet with very good advice for free. How do you want to be in a year from now, still going in circles or finding out that you are in charge of a pretty darn good life. You choose.

• Posted

You don't mention being on any meds. Have you gone to a doctor and been diagnosed? I was so bad for about three months last year that I could barely function. I didn't want to see anyone or do anything. I was finally diagnosed with major depressive disorder with delusion. Nobody could convince me that anything would ever be alright again. I was committed to hospital where I stayed for eight days while my psychiatrist monitored me until he got me on the meds that worked for me. If you haven't gone to a doctor about your feelings yet, go. Make it a priority to get the help you need. It is very hard for anyone who hasn't suffered from clinical depression to understand. Please get help from a professional. Let me know how you make out.

• Posted

Sorry to hear navin, have you tried antidepressants? they were a lifesaver for me, totally stopped the negative thoughts and made me enjoy things again
  • Posted

Navin, I am very worried by what you have written.

Addicted to self-harming? Not seeing a doctor? Feeling at times way above your friends and at other times blaming yourself and wanting to withdraw from them?

This sounds like something only therapy, medication and a psychiatrist can begin to sort out.

I've read your post three times now and I am still having trouble getting to grips with it.

Who exactly is blaming you? In what way is your behaviout inappropriate?

May I ask, for I am concerned, if you hear voices or see things that aren't really there? I'm a psychiatric nurse and I have some thoughts about what is going on here.

Please respond, honestly. If you want to send me a Personal Message, please do.

Chrissie

• Posted

I feel very much the same Navin.

I dont think there is an answer to these problems.

...i honestly believe that some of us are not meant to be here, personally it'd be better for me and everyone else if i was dead...then i'm no burden, but i tend not to talk about suicide....i will just do it or not.

• Posted

What will make you do it, David?

In what way are you a burden?

• Posted

Navin, you haven't answered anybody's questions or joined in the discussiion.

Why is this? Do you think we're going to have you taken to a mentaal hospital - because we're not, Navin. We would just like to help you.

Chrissie

• Posted

Hi Chrissie,

I'm glad you have joined the discussion. As a psychriatic nurse you are a professional dealing with these issues. I am a 68 year old female who had no previous history with depression. I never realized what clinical depression really was. Last July I was diagnosed with MDD with psychosis. My doctor has known me for over 30 years and told my family he had never seen me like that before. He started me on Celexa which didn't have any effect at all. He then put me on venlafaxine (I think he started me on 37.5 mg to be gradually increased to 75 mg daily) and 15 mg of mirtapazine. About a week latter my family were so worried they took me to the ER. A psychiatric nurse saw me and also the doctor on duty. They decided a psychiatrist should see me. After talking to me for a few minutes, he had me committed to monitor me while he found the right meds for me. I was in the hospital for 8 days. I now take 300 mg of venlafaxine and 15 mg of mirtapazine daily. These meds work great for me. I'm happier than I've been in years and sleep beyter. I have a few minor side effects, most of them minor that don't bother me at all. The one side effect that my doctor is monitoring is high cholesterol. My main concern is that the meds may stop working for me, or I will have to have them adjusted because of my cholesterol levels.

Thanks for listening. I'd love to hear what you think.

Phyl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.