Depression is starting after hemorrhoid surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had surgery 9 dsys ago. I'm having the worst time with my bm's. The cutting, burning, make you almost past out pain is there. Even when I pass gas it burns. I do t want to eat or drink. I know I should but the pain is to much. I had no idea it would be this severe. I'm a waitress with two kids, don't get me wrong, my husband is a huge supporter, but as a mom I feel worthless durning the holidays😢😢

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi dear, sorry to hear that. Believe me my experience will be the worst! I went to ER 2 times after surgery due to serve pain and costipation but since the ER was not the same surgeon that I had operation with, they keep giving me morphine and stool softener and told me to see my surgeon. Kn the 2nd discharge of ER, in that morning itself I finally poop and I broke all the stitches and I was heavy bleeding non-stop I have to call police and 911 for help to send me to another ER. In another ER. the doctor was hoping the bleed will stop but unfortunately after a day of keep bleeding until I have no more blood and another surgeon decided to go for 2nd operation to stop the bleeding. I had total 3 blood transfusion during the 2nd surgery. And the surgeon stitch back around 12 stitches on 4 splitted muscles.

Anyway long story short, please do liquid dirty 1 week before and after surgery, this will help with the pain! LIQUID DIET! LIQUID DIET! LIQUID DIET! Only clear soup, jello, water, clear juice, that's all I eat when I was hospitalized.

Also stool softener 1 week before and after surgery, each day 2-3 tablets.

I start taking soft diet after 10 days post surgery, I drink clear soup, steam vege dumpling, vege congee, clear juice, sweet potatoes, kefir. Try not to eat something dry and hard to digest food.

I'm only my 3rd day soft diet and I poop everyday each day less and less painful but I still take precoset after BM.

My first surgeon didnt tell me much about pre-surgery preparation and no post surgery advice as well.all he mentions eat what you can. And I wasn't prepare it is going to be hell of the pain, I feel like I could die from the pain. This is no joke for the pain as I have no experience for child birth but I do feel my anal having child birth after the surgery sad

• Posted

Also I think eating 5 spoon full of soft food then wait for 2-3 hours then eat anothe 5 spoon full, but when you hungers try drink coconut water (harmless brand), or cranberry juice.

My doctor advice me not to take apple and banana as they will bulb the stool in large size and thus making BM in pain.

And since I like to do blending for green juice, doctor says there isn't much fiber left so instead eating whole food and chew down the vege or fruits.

• Posted

Also I'm using origanic coconut oil for healing, I apply after each BM or shower.

Also doctor say don't eat broccoli since it is will make lots of gas.

My mom also told me to avoid seafood such as shrimp, clams or etc only fish are allow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.