Depression is taking over my life!!! I feel drained emotionally and physically

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have suffered my whole life with anxiety and major depression.I am 35 year old mother of 2. I don't have a support system. My family is not good to have in my life so it's just me and my girls. In the past I have been able to just deal with " IT". This time I can't. I may loose my job because I can't get out of bed. This will be the second job I have lost because of it. I feel so hopeless, worthless, lonley, sad, scared to death of the next anxiety attack. The attacks happen all the time in the most awkward place. I cry daily. I feel as if I am going crazy. I started seeing a therapist for the first time ever. I know it is a long process, but I may go crazy. I don't know what to do to fix this. My kids need me to be that strong mom for them. I want to get better but I don't know if I can or will.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You will if you get the right help.  I don't have any kids, I am constantly on my own and feel like im fighting a loosing battle half the time getting people to understand me.  I am not stupid I just don't have much in common with a lot of people.   
  • Posted

I've been there. I wish I had a magic answer to give you. Even my ok days I will have moments were I pause and think... "my gbabies would be ok if I wasn't here." But then something snaps me back to reality. I have to live, God wants me to be happy. So I pick myself up and start with doing something small. Go brush my teeth, wash my hair, anything to make myself just move. This is not what I want my kids and grandkids to remember when they think back and think of me, I have to do it.... even if its for them at first. Hopefully I can learn to like me again, not be crazy, crying, sad. Good luck! 
  • Posted

Hes

Have you tried Hypnotherapy i do know it has helped many people i personaly think cause and effect something has caused you to feel this way and you are suffering the effects of that cause.

• Posted

Have you seen yr GP? If not, make an appointment. I have been on antidepressants for 3 months now and I feel a whole lot better. Its hard at first with the side effects, but after abt 4-6 weeks they kicked in and now I am better. Also I went to Talking therapies, to a stress and anxiety management course, which was a great help. Good luck. X
  • Posted

I agree with the points above. Please remember: the person who has 'no one', has God (or whatever word you would rather put in place eg. the Universe, Creative Intelligence, Higher Power, etc.). We came into the world alone and we're going out of it alone. I just wonder how many people on earth, with loads of others milling around them, actually have true genuine pure relationships. Not many from what studies and research show. I've heard from a number of good sources that we are lucky if we get even one or two such worthwhile relationships in life. Please never let fickle feelings affect the quality of your precious life and that of your girls. Just keep doing well what needs to be done in daily life and keep that all important momentum going. I believe it's a very slippery slope if we lose it and do not strive to get back up. I recently read something really inspiring: falling down is a part of life ~ getting back up is living! Time is a cycle, a ferris wheel, for everyone - you may feel at the lower end now, but you will also feel at the higher end one day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.