depression = loneliness

Posted , 4 users are following.

finding it difficult with depression for quite some time i dont get a break when i sleeep as i have horrific nightmare every time. its changed my personality i no longer trust people and push every one away it has made for a lonely time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have the same problem. Social isolation, not many peopleto turn to for help & company. I have bad dreams when I do have REM sleep & now taking meds that give me weird dreams too..You're not alone in feeling this. Lots of poeple on here who understand.
    • Posted

thanks for the  reply. yeah Social isolation its built up over the years to a point i aint really going out because i dont talk to any one any more i lost contact with people i dont have a reason to go out, i find im sleeping odd hours and climbing the walls with boredom.
  • Posted

Depression makes us withdraw from life.  I am elderly and live alone.  Times I dislike myself.  You are right we think we turn into a different person when we are depressed.  It ius the nature of the illness.
  • Posted

It certainly does. I know I'm ill when I don't want to be around people so much. My dogs are annoying me massively too. I took them for a walk yesterday & one to the groomers so not totally neglected but I don't want to cuddle them. Can't stand people being close to me. When my kids jump around on the sofa next to me I flip out a bit. Not good at all, I'm worried about exposing them to this crap. I do cuddle & kiss them when they go to school & at bedtime.

I'm totally different at work, more like my old self. i work in sales so have to be extra enthusiastic. Meds don't help though. I'm taking a new one that is making me drowsy so I'm not able to drive in the evenings after I've taken it. that's ut paid to any social life that I may have throughout the next few weeks.

I had an argument with the friend the other night & feel like cutting her out of my life. Finding people difficult to deal with. Got another friend (online one) who keeps ranting on about nothing on the chat app so don't feel like she's someone I can talk to either. I don't need the negativity of it all. Feel like I'm surrounded by toxic people.

• Posted

im the same with my cats when i feel really bad i dont want them close to me i cringe when they come over to me. yes i have loads of  people out my life because they p*ssed me of haha i find most people are hollow and aint worth investing much time in them as they only let you down,
    • Posted

I think it depends on the people around you.  I have a supportive network of family and friends and have never been let down, so I am lucky.  I have never made a secret of my illness, and have found others do understand and care. 

Such a shame you find people hollow and uncaring.  Perhaps you need to find people who care about you.  I do feel for you that being with people who are hollow  makes you feel more lonely.,

• Posted

Oh yes they do let you down. I didn't speak to my mother for 2.5years because she's evil. She was mocking me about needing therapy basically. Had a breakdown 15years ago & she only came over because she was in the area!!

Had a boyfriend for 5 years who I thought was my best friend but he turned aout to be a Narc & total phoney. Feel like seeking out revenge on him. I get people when they least expect it.

Very difficult to find genuine people in this world. Everyone has their own agenda. I just think that they are messed up in their own way too but it's exhausting trying to work some of their behaviour out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.