Depression on citrolipan

Posted , 7 users are following.

Started on citrolipan 10 now doctor has put me onto 20 taken them for 3 days but they seem to have made me worse is this common.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did you tell your doctor that it was making it worse? You should inform your doctor so he can prescribe some other alternative.
  • Posted

Very unfortunately, this is why I don't touch meds and stick to therapy
  • Posted

Get back in touch with your doctor,sometimes the meds just need adjusted, never say never to meds, if its gonna help stick with it, some people are against meds full stop but everyone is different and have their own opinions of whats good and bad for us, you go for what you want to do to make you better, take care
  • Posted

I think it's common but you need to call the doctor and let them know. Maybe the dose is to high for you. Maybe the ten is enough, also you didn't say how long you have been on this medication, it took me 4 weeks to feel the good affects of paxil.
  • Posted

Im on 40mg Citalopram, and although they didnt make me worse at the beginning, i have read that for a lot of people they did. But this only lasted a week or 2 while the tablets are getting into your system. My advice would be to stick it out another 3 days and if nothing gets better mayvbe ask for an alternative med smile

xxx

• Posted

it is often the case when tasking anti depressants that you feel worse before you feel better.  They take time to get into your body, and your brain has to get used to them.  Should settle down soon.  If not, then this may not be the drug for you.  some anti depressants suit some people and not others.  I have been on quite a few different meds, and some I could not tolerate at all.  One in particular made me very poorly after 4 days.  How are you feeling now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.