Depression - Sertaline and Propranol

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

In October i had my first ever anxiety attack and was not sure what it was due to me never having one before

before i knew it, it happened again, i didnt seek help as i thought I’d manage it, it turned out that I then struggled to concentrate at work, diziness happened, felt weak and knew I needed some sort of help. I went doctors and they gave me Propranol which really helped in first instance.

A few months later, I become anxious again but for no reason, other than work and stress from the workplace which I thought I could deal with.

From there, it become worse, I felt weak, didn’t have any energy, was unhappy and generally felt unwell. I went to the doctors and he put me on Sertaline.

I took one tablet and come off it because I read all the side effects on forums and I think my mind went into overdrive and thought I had everyone of them.

I tried a week getting better on my own but had good and bad days and knew I needed to go back on medication.

I’ve halfed the original dose of 50mg for a week to 25mg as a way of getting them into my system. I’ve taken them for 5 days now and I’ve had not many side effects other than metal taste in mouth to start with, diziness and constant tiredness.

My question to anyone else out there,

Is it normal for it to be worse in morning? I wake up everyday feeling weak, like there is no purpose to get up at all.

I feel better once I’m up doing something but generally every morning have 0 energy at all. I’m hoping once tablets kick in they’ll help with this?

Is it also normal to hear slight wheezing noise in ears when everything quiet?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.