Depression sucks

Posted , 8 users are following.

Depression is terrible I never understood just how real and miserable it was until it hit me about a month ago, i just want to feel normal again and live my life but my brain wont let me, depression is pure evil and i feel for anybody that suffers from it, i hate this

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I suffer with depression and I know it's terrible, for some people it gets better and for some it doesn't, but you can always go see a therapist if not you can take medications.

• Posted

I have tried many medications for depression, they make me worse.  Psyh doesnt know what tomtry next, im like a pill,machine.  The depression just wont lift.  Is this just a fact of life and we have to,live like this?
    • Posted

Hi yea i just started seeing a therapist and had tried meds but i did not like them at all i dont want to have to rely on pills to feel normal. Thanks for the reply
  • Posted

Hi. Depression is awful. You need to see your Dr. Discuss all options of treatment open to you. There us light at the end of the tunnel for you. It's a long and bumpy road but you can conquer it. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks joanne i just started seeing a therapist and i had a dr put me on antidepressants but i decided to quit them i did not like them at all and dont realy want to rely on pills to make me enjoy life i want to beat this naturally
    • Posted

It's not for everyone. We all react differently. I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Barry the point about ad's is not to rely on them to make you enjoy life but they can help you feel better and more able to deal with your issues.  Most people use them short term only as a temporary measure.  How about counselling?

If you don't want to go the medical route and want to beat it naturally there is only the self help route left.  So look at yoga,  medication and mindfulness etc.  Good luck.  x

• Posted

Hello Barry I am so glad that you wrote in to us. Yes depression is very painful to deal with but since it hit you only a month ago I think there is hope for you! One would you like to share what happened a month ago to set this off? Two how old are you and what country do you live in? Diane
    • Posted

Hi adldiane well it first started as anxiety i woke up one day having a panic attack after taking too much cold medicene and thinking something was wrong with me since that day ive haved anxiety about my health and being alone pretty much daily pretty much impossible to relax and it has slowly turned into depression and feeling like life is pointless its strange cause i didnt feel these things at all before its like my brain comepletely switched on me and not its controlling me. Im a 26 year old male living in the u.s. thanks for replying
  • Posted

Barry before you woke up in the panic attack can you go back to where you were feeing l good and tell me when you remember something upsetting you? Diane
  • Posted

Barry depression makes us feel hopeless. But we are not it just sometimes takes time to figure our way out of it. For me I was in therapy for a long time there isn't anything that is too much trouble for me if it will help me get better and I take an antidepressant. I want quality of life above all else. But that's just me. Diane. 

• Posted

Hi Barry - there are alternatives to meds. You can try the holistic approach - Lavender, Camomile Tea, St Johns Wort etc. Healthy diet and exercise. Meditation. Fixed sleep patterns.These methods can work for some people with long term depression. Unfortunately, depression affects the most complex organ we have, and if there are chemical imbalances that need addressing, medications are often the only option in conjunction with therapy.  Many people - especially males - dismiss or hide symptoms of mental health illnesses. Many of we sufferers spent our lives self medicating, racking up addictions - perhaps police interference because of that - hiding illness, living in the pain of what lurks within, living in fear of it being revealed, feeling broken/worthless/helpless. 

Barry, I wish I was your age when i finally sought help to deal with an illness that crippled my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.