Depressive episodes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I keep having depressive episodes. Tbh I've never really been the happiest person for as long as I can remember (im 17). But lately seem to be having these depressive episodes where I am crying all day and I don't know why, I cannot work and feel alone and that no one understands. I also have thoughts of killing myself and my mum because she dosent understand me and calls me an attention seeker. I'm not Always depressed but wouldn't particularly say I'm always as happy as other people. I also experience anxiety and am extremely self concious and most of the time have no self esteem. After my depressive episode I can't soon become happy again and it's really confusing. I just don't feel like my moods are healthy. Sometimes though I can be really quite happy and have confidence and quite high self esteem which is also confusing. Am I over reacting like my parents say or could there really be something wrong?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mollyjayne.. Im sorry that you are not feeling supported & frustrated trying to work out why you are having these mood swings..  Have you seen your GP or a councillor?   
    • Posted

No because I feel stupid and like I'm their time because I'm not Always depressed however can be irritable and generally moody a lot of the time. Is this anything to do with the depression or do I have to be sad all the time
    • Posted

Please go and see your GP.. its a wise thing to do & YES you deserve to feel happy.. Honestly, you would be surprised how many people visit clinics with the same frustrations you are going through.. I suffer with depression and often unable to juggle the mood swings.. Now that Im on meds, Im able to find a much more balanced days, weeks months.  You deserve to feel happier hun ok.. See your GP, dont wait until you feel depressed.  Im sure that you will get the help you need.. BIG HUGS xxx
    • Posted

Thank you so much I will be sure to make an appointment with my gp thanks for the advice! Xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.