derealization 24-7 brain fog

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone else suffer from this? i feel like im going crazy sad i just want it gone ugh also have racing heart and have to go to the bathroom alot please tell me it gets better today is my 3rd week on sertraline i hate

feeling like im not really here spaced out disconnected from myself sad its scarying me

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I just want you to know that your not alone. I got through the same and you are right it sucks! I am married with u can't do anything with them without feeling this way.
    • Posted

I haven't really gotten through it because I'm still going through it. Sorry I wish there was something that could help us that I know about
    • Posted

its ok i just hope we get through this soon i hate it
  • Posted

I have this constantly too. I feel like im not really here and that i am going crazy and my mind is slowly losing control! My eyes constantly hurt and i cant focus which doesnt help! You might find it is your medication making you feel like this. This is my second time on Citalopram and i feel like this at the beginning but eventually it wears off.

Remember this derealization is a way of your body and mind protecting you and coping!

You will get through it x

• Posted

thank u. its just scarying me and causes me to go into panic mode because im scared ill lose my mind rolleyes i cant wait for the meds to kick in i also feel nauseous
    • Posted

I am exactly the same but you just need to remember you will not go crazy! Its just your bodys way of coping with the stress and anxiety by shutting it all out. X
    • Posted

that actually makes me feel alot better thank u smile how long did it take for your meds to work and the dp to go away?
    • Posted

plis i felt like this before starting sertraline i was really depressed over losing my mom 3 years ago and bad anxiety all the time too rolleyes
    • Posted

It does a take a good few months for medication to really get in your system. I felt great after 6 months but came off them too soon which is why im doing round 2! X
    • Posted

Sorry to hear about your mum. Things will get better
    • Posted

im also trying to avoid taking my anxiety meds i just feel like im alone and losing it sometimes ill feel ok one day then boom its back its horrible and ty i think depression is what caused this for me i feel being alone makes it worse
  • Posted

I get it. I've been there before. I've been suffering with anxiety since 2011, and I beat it for a few years, only for it to come back this year. Right now, I know that I beat it once, and I can do it again. I do not do meds either.

Consistently remind yourself of how it feels to be happy and how good it feels to be normal. Strive for that feeling again and you will get there. Put yourself out of your comfort zone by doing things that your anxiety stops you from doing. Tackle it head on, and you can beat this. 

• Posted

thank u so much for your encouraging words smile
    • Posted

No problem. I get how hard this is. I posted yesterday and some people on here are helping me get through this. We're all in this together, so don't ever feel like you're in this alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.