derealization

Posted , 4 users are following.

whats peoples experience with derealization?

ive had what i think is this from very young, assuming a symptom of anxiety. i mainly get it when falling to sleep ...im always laid in bed when it happens. it lasts for maybe 3-5 mins...makes me panic slightly. ive always found the sensation hard to explain...its almost like im grabbing something that isnt there and my hands are huge!! its like my mind totally focuses on it and i cant get away from it and thats what scares me. ive often wondered if anyone else experiences similar?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have depersonalization that is similiar to your situation it makes me feel like im not not in this world currently active here like a robot things feels unreal i feels like this for 24 hrs and i have this because of high stress levels depression and anxiety its been 9 months since i got this 😃

• Posted

I've kind of been experiencing this. I look around and everything feels like its not real, at times it gets really scary.

• Posted

mime started when i was younger, when my anxiety started. it used to be more extreme and i used to see the walls closing in on me...then as i grew up this stopped (only used to happen when ill or high temp) but ive always had this senstation...happens maybe once every month or sometimes 2-3 months....but i find it hard to shake off when it happens. i start to panic and try to walk away from it but obviously cant cos its all in my head and i think this is what makes me panic...its kind of like im shrinking, like everything is closing in on me. its horrible.

• Posted

aww im sorry ur going through this. Anxiety can be so bad:( I hope u find a way through this:)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.