Derealization and the real world

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sometimes when I go through so much derealization or long periods of time , or just a really strong attack of it, and I finally come back out of it the real world starts to feel too overwhelming and hard to take it it gives me a weird feeling or sometimes gets me anxious and snaps me right back into derealization . Anyone get that?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

• Posted

I have gotten the weird feeling just this friday, right after i left my psychiatrist, try to keep your mind busy and positive

It helped me even though it lasted for about a day

• Posted

Yea it's like the real world is too overwhelming for me now or something it's weird lol

• Posted

Yeah and the feeling is hard to explain, you just feel it all over your body i would say don't skip a meal or let yourself think negative that is what helped me

• Posted

have got Derealization myself had it for the past 10 months none stop would do anything to feel normal . are you on any medication ? 
    • Posted

No I'm not on medication haven't decided if I should take it I'm just exercising swimming walking and taking vitamins for now man and seeing a therapist!

• Posted

if you don't have to take any that's a good thing keep doing what your doing medication is good as a last resort   

• Posted

Yea honestly I'm just scared of side effects or my anxiety worsening get me . Are you in medication ?

• Posted

I can totally sympathize with what you're going through sometimes I feel like I'm so out of my body that it scares me to drive that I'm not sure who's in control and where my mind is that it's a bad feeling and I understand how you feel I went through quite a few weeks of it and now for some reason I'm back to where I'm supposed to be but I wish you luck

• Posted

It happened to me while i was driving actually that was the odd part, i thought about pulling over but i stood my course
    • Posted

Oh you managed to get yourself back??? That's amazing did it just happen on its own? When I get on it lasts for weeks or months and sometimes I just forget how the real world is feel me so when I think I'm coming back it's too much for me to handle because I forgot what the real world is suppose to look like for me

• Posted

Hi Eduardo,

Please excuse my ignorant self, but please decribe to me what it is, "derealization"? Is it the same as disscociating? Or does it have a differnet meaning? I can go look it up, but help me get into your head to see if I can understand better what it is you feel? I have disscociated, simplistically, it is like sorta kinda like amniesia (but not really) that comes and goes, that is why I was wondering/asking. 

I sure get that feeling of overwhelmed by the world! I am in the US, elections have everyone's panties in a wad.  will be glad when this is over.

• Posted

have sent you a couple of links dee53012

who are you voting for out of curiosity ?

• Posted

yes I read some of it and left you a note back, thank you!
    • Posted

without a doubt got to be Donald trump can't stand that corrupt woman      

• Posted

I take it your voting for the corrupt woman biggrin

• Posted

Yea derealization is a part of dissociation , it looks as like the world around you is fake and it makes you question reality. And the people around you everything starts looking distorted to you in a way and it makes you feel like your losing your mind rolleyes

• Posted

i get that!  I am not losing my mind tho, i lost it a LONG time ago! I don't care what people think anymore. Thank goodness for getting old!  

• Posted

Lol yea I'm barely starting with it and I hope I DONT lose my mind TBH 😅 It's a scary feeling it was too much of a drastic change for me.

• Posted

I have celiacs, it made me go out of my mind the last couple years before diagnosis. I kept going to the docs, telling them what was happening, they gave me antidepresents and xanax.  The, "reseting of the mind" backfired. I became more suicidal and didn't tell anyone. It was a "secret" with my friends inside. Little did I know it was the gluten.  I know what it is like to be out of your mind and you don't know it at the time. You think everyone is after you and that THEY are the sick ones.  So if you go out of your mind, you won't know it.  

Thankfully I am gluten free now, gawd forbid i accidently get it again. I won't eat anyones food every again. I don't even buy processed foods.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.