Dermabrasion and alternatives

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello! So, I'm hesitating..to try or not to try - this is the question)))The thing is that after severe acne that I had, there are skin irregularities and red marks (scars) which don't look really attractive on my face...I know all pros and cons of microdermabrasion. Certainly, I understand what it can cause...Have you tried it and what are your impressions? Do you know any alternative treatments which can have at least similar effect as dermabrasion? What would you recommend? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I just know that the time for recover after such kind of treatment is long. My friend did it (but the reason was not acne but wrinkles) and first 5 days she couldn't even speak normally as the face was itching, hurting and etc. But she had a rather good result after. In my humble opinion, it's too harmful for skin. I guess, you're young.. Why not trying the alternatives?
  • Posted

I'd like to know too, if it's worth of trying or not. But scared of making even more harm to my skin. After all of my experiments it's just completely tired) Will try professional cosmetics first. I've heard of dermalogica and anna lotan from my beautician. Will try both and see the result. Good luck, Laura!
  • Posted

It depends on the skin condition, of course. But what's sure that you should use the cosmetics which improves the metabolic processes in the skin. As far as I understood, it's more kind of a pigmentation now, right? Dermabrasion may really help but it's expensive and ppl are right, it will take long recovery period. What have you tried already? Which cosmetics do you use? Do you do facials regularly? Google Salvital, dear and check this out too: _____

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an URL (a link) from this reply as it was unsuitable for inclusion within these forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Posted

salvital is the product by anna lotan, no? Ha! I'm using this cosmetics already))) Shame it's no way to buy it online..and they don't have any outlets. Well, maybe they do..but not in the UK for sure))) But about the post acne scars..Not sure, it will help. Will ask my beautician, though...
    • Posted

yes, exactly. To be precise, it's an exfoliation fluid (can be used on scalp, as well) I recommend it for home care. But in the salon I mix it with some other exfoliating products to enhance the effect (you can find all their scrubs and peels on the site) Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.