Dermatitis | i need help :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys.

my name is ron.

i serve in IDF (Israel defense force)

i serve toady 10-Months .

before i join to IDF i never had Dermatitis.

i have alot of Allergies..

i tried alot of creams, elidel, protopic, betecorten and more..

i have in arms, and sometimes in my legs.

what makes Dermatitis to start in new places or be worse?

Thank you!@@

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ron - did you have alot of allergies before joining IDF? What are they? The stress of your job could have started the dermatitis, especially if you prone to allergies. Could be the starch/chemicals used to wash your clothes/uniform, which may have cause itching/scratching, leading to your condition? Try not to use 'prescribed' creams etc as the relief of these are short term. Keep areas clean and as open to the air as possible. Try Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, ok? Keep in touch. 
  • Posted

Concerning the question on what causes dermatitis, I think the answer is A)don't know (exactly), B) multi-factorial. Often it can be set off in susceptible people by some insult, like an out-of-whack immune-system because of disease, repeated injury/irritation to skin or digestive tract, or similar. Many will also mention psycho-social factors and genetical causes, but personally I believe, although of some importance they are less determinative of these conditions.

My first focus for any chronic health problem would be diet. Many allergic problems may be improved by omitting all dairy and egg for instance. Personally, I have eczema, and have found a lot of triggers for flare-ups. I've found that eating mainly tubers(potatoes, sweet-potatoes etc.), rice, some fruits and vegetables keeps most symptoms of the eczema at bay. Sun, abrasive clothing, possibly vitamin D-levels and maybe some other factors may modulate eczema symptoms. But you may not have this condition, so you should probably want to figure out exactly what you have, and play some detective work on when your symptoms get worse, sequence of events causing you symptoms, etc.

• Posted

Yes, finding a diet that suits is important. interesting that you mention eating mainly tubers (etc) keeps most symptoms at bay. My daughter is having an eczema flare up and is avoiding potatoes and rice after doing research. Anything from the deadly nighshade family is a no no, including tomatoes. She is avoiding all dairy, cleansing her gut with probiotics, and only eats ORGANIC fruits and vegetables. Still a long way to go, but I reckon stress triggered it again this time. I wish you all a good healing, but doing your own research is a very good thing. X

• Posted

Hello Ron.  I was thinking that stress could also be to blame for your rash. Also thinking that your uniform is causing the problem especially since the rash is only on your arms and legs.  Epsom Salts bath have been helpful to me for rashes.   Might be worth a try.  I also believe in a good diet - I have been on an anti-inflammatory diet for 5 months - no dairy, gluten or sugar.  It is tough but does really help.  Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.