Dermatitis on Lips?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So about a month ago I got white/clear bumps on some of my top lip. I contacted my doctor who thought they were cold sores. They went away in a few days. Cue to last Friday, the bumps come back except this time all over my lips. I take acyclovir as instructed and applied some apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil as I heard it helps with cold sores. My lips were on fire after this and were super irritated. I had an HSV 1 & 2 blood test done to see if it was herpes (cold sores) and it came back negative for both. I am unsure if this is herpes or perhaps dermatitis. Has anyone ever experienced this? image First time I ever got it

imageimage Irritation after applying ACV & TTO

image Close up of bumps

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There could be bumpy eczema but I'm not sure. You could try Cocolene Rescue Salve that works to soothe cold sores (which this is probably not as per your tests) but it also works on most skin irritations and eczema.

I've also found that ailments around the mouth could be a mineral deficiency - cracks in the corners represent selenium deficit. Not sure this... but I hope that helps to lead you in the right direction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.