Dermatological condition on the knee 9weeks post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

At around six weeks post op TKR i had a circular skin condition show up on the outside of the knee. Then it was about three cm in diameter. Since then, it has grown in size and has also affected the the inside if the knee. Has anyone else experienced anything like this post surg?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My daughter had something like that happen after one of her breast cancer surgery ops. Started out looking like a red area around a pore on her thigh and started to spread outward pretty quickly and had little lines in it radiating out. She got concerned and went to the ER. Doc came in, took a look and declared: "Hello MRSA!"

Here's hoping you don't have a MRS infection because it takes a lot of antibiotics to get rid of it. I'd head to an ER immediately...don't wait, especially on Thanksgiving weekend. Get this looked at immediately. If it's not MRSA, you'll have an easier time clearing this up.

In doc-speak, you want to "rule out" MRSA as the cause...then you can breath easier. MRSA is not something you fool around with...get it looked at NOW!!!

• Posted

i had the same and it was caused by as they said a hair folical . it was only surface infection but still had to get antibiotics so get back to see your consultant. if it gets worse you could be in trouble

• Posted

whatever it is you need to see a doctor asap as infections are not good after your TKR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.