Posted , 4 users are following.

Should I see a dermatologist or general practitioner to be diagnosed?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    If you are in the UK, ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist because the GPs really haven't got a clue. Trust me, i spent years and years going back and forth. Don't  expect miracle cures, unfortunately there are none, but they can advise on how to manage it.  Good luck. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi I agree.  You need to see a dermatologist for a diagnosis as they are the experts not your GP.  The derma can also advise you on current treatments and what is best for you.  A GP will try this and try that first coz they are not generally very knowedgable about HS.   So go straight to the top.  x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Make sure you do your homework and find one who has treated people for HS before, if not they wont be helpful...I finally found a plastic Surgeon who specializes in HS, and has now referred me to a Specialist at Georgetown Univerity in Washington DC, waiting for that appointment to start a series of Humira Injections...20 plus years suffering..;(
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up