Dermis cyst?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a 3 cm cyst on my right ovary. I had the follow up ultrasound and it is now 6 cm and I have a 1 cm cyst on the same ovary as well. They are calling it a mass at this point and believe they may be dermoid cysts. I am scheduled to discuss surgery with my gyne on Feb 3rd. They did CA-125 bloodwork and that came back normal. I've been reading that these tests aren't always accurate and I'm concerned. Has anyone gone through this, had surgery and found out it was cancerous after all?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi im in the same predicament as you I found out I have a cystitis mass on my right Overy, they found it on the transvaginal scan and not the ultrasound so I was sent back for another exam and they only done the ultrasound and told me this mass has apparently disappeared so they won't follow up I had the ca125 blood test that was 38.0 so considered as normal im extremely worried incase they have missed it on my second scan. They did find free fluid around my right Overy and that my right Overy is smaller than it should be but because im only 24 they are not worried about it. I had a cat scan for kidney stones on the 8th of this month but apparently my report has not been finalised still it's almost been 3 weeks so I was thinking have they picked something up on there I also have follow up scans for April and have to go back to see gynecologist about constantly being on a menstrual but I feel that they are not taking my concerns seriously because they keep saying don't worry because your not post menaporsal, im going to keep on top of it and I think you should also
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi..it's so worrying isn't it and the truth is until after they confirm the results when you've had your surgery you won't be 100% sure and will still worry. As they have probably already told you the majority of cysts turn out to be benign so hopefully this will be the case. They say CA125 markers aren't always accurate because other causes than cancer can make the levels rise. ie inflammation etc. The fact that yours are low though is a good sign. During the uss they can often see indications of cancer and they would tell you if they had seen anything of concern. Good luck with your surgery x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Same situation here, except I'm post menopausal. Alot of these are benign, i won't find out until they get pathology report back, or possibly when they get in there and can see it's cancerous just by looking at it. I had my pre surgery tests done a couple days ago, they did a full blood count and my numbers are perfect, I think if I had cancer, my white cells would be quite elevated, cause my dad has leukemia and his numbers are always off, so I'm taking that as a good sign too. I know first hand how stressful this is, just try and hang in there, I obviously will be posting right after my surgery, what the result is, having my surgery on Feb 17th.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up