Posted , 3 users are following.
I've been posting in here for a while, up until last night i've been up for surgery and in fact hoping to get on the waiting list 24th Feb when I meet with the Gyno for the 2nd time.
Brief background, they found I had a cyst on my right ovary during a routine scan whilst pregnant in 2010. They never explained anything to me so it was never spoken about again ie No watch and wait approach.
Skip forward to 2016 and during pregnancy again no cyst was mentioned again so I figured it had gone and then in Sept 2016 I started to experience daily period pain which on 3 occasions turned to bed ridden pain in my lower right quadrant radiating around the back, I thought appendix or gallstones so I went to the docs 3 times on emergency appointments.
After an ultrascan they saw the cyst had grown from 3cm (2010) to 5cm (2016) ok slow growing but still, now I understand about dermoid that means it's not going away by itself.
I'm currently on pain killers which I take most days. I generally feel low and for 4 months didn't exercise, drank more and just felt like I didn't really want to be around anyone at times, including my kids who I found hard to be around at times.
In late Dec 2016 I met with the gyno and because the docs had ordered an mri on my back (which they thought was the pain - Not my cyst - Red herring they still say) The gyno said come back in a month and we will review but he was mor than happy to remove it.
I've been reading threads, researching the operation etc and then suddenly last night I read a story on here I think. It just really made me think about the operation and what am I doing considering having it done!?
I have 2 kids - 1 nearly 16 months, I wouldn't be able to lift him I beleive?
I work practically fulltime - I take it i'd need 1-2 weeks off sick?
This scares me the most, we have booked to go on hols Aug 29th, What if the appoint was only a few months before, would I be ok?
Selfishly I wanted to look my best and start exercising again soon, I take it that's a no no for a while?
Obviously I can ask 24th Feb what the waiting list is roughly but I'm now wondering has anyone knowingly known about their dermoid and just left it there???
I'm confusing myself now!!! Even looked into how much cancelling the holiday would be but that sounds silly to me.
1 like, 4 replies