Dermoid cysts

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

Has anyone else had major issues with dermoid cysts? Any issues getting pregnant after surgery?

I've had three operations because of them and my second one I lost my right ovary because it was 23cm. 

My third operation was an urgent one and I was fully hoping they'd take my remaining ovary out because I'm over the issues. The gynaecologist said not too because it'd send me into early menopause. (I'm 30 with no kids).

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you want any kids Don't have ovaries removed yet. Ask if it can be done just taking the dermoid off and leaving all or part of an ovary. My granddaughter had this done at about age 21. Removing both ovaries would put you into early menopause and no chance of any children after. You could ask about egg harvesting of course, it depends whether it's done where you live. Best wishes, X rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Lottie,

Sorry to hear your trouble. I've just had a 12cm dermoid cyst removed, along with my left ovary and tube. Can you tell me if your gynaecologist tell you why your dermoid cysts keep occurring? It makes me worried sad

• Posted

Ananh,

I'm seeing the gynaecologist onthd 9th of October. I have never been told as to why they kept coming back I just know that they can. Everyone is different though.

I hope you're recovering well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.