Dermoid ovarian cyst nightmare

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with what the gyno says he's sure is a benign 5cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary (Nov 15) Im on the watchful waiting I was assured that I had ca125 bloods and they came back as a 7 , so I'll be rescanned in March only 2 weeks ago I had and internal examination with my gp (abnormal brown discharge) and she said she could feel my cyst , which disheartened me as I was hoping it would be shrinking 😩 Again she did a ca125 blood test (now more recent like a week ago) which came back as a 9 ?? However the last few days my tummy feels so tight like gastrointestinal tummy pains and I get chest pains when lay down ? Do you think this a symptom of the cyst ? I'd appreciate Any advice x

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Natalie,

Hope you are well. I am curious to know how your doctor was able to determine the type of cyst. Did the dr diagnosed it through ultrasound or ct scan? Because when i did my ultrasound, the Dr was just able to say that there is a solid cyst but was not able to determine the type of cyst and am waiting for my CT scan appointment now but he has already recommended for surgery to be done. On the ultrasound it looked like i have the cyst on both ovaries, solid cyst can be seen on one of it. But I am not experiencing any kind of pain to suggest if it is just a dermoid which some of you here are having and it seems like you know its a dermoid when you have pain as well since it could be filled with solid stuff like hair  or teeth... 

I am just in dillemma right now as im 34, unmarried and i don't know if it is really necessary to immediately operate because the Dr didnt suggest to wait and see as well.... 

• Posted

Sharon when I had my ultrasound I was told I had a dermoid cyst on my left ovary but an mri has revealed that is actually an endometrioma.

Like Natalie I had torsion/twisted ovary which caused my pain and therefore led to investigation. I certainly don't have any typical symptoms of endometriosis so that was a bit of a shock lol xx

• Posted

Hi Natalie, is it possible that you have endometriosis?? I've recently been diagnosed even though I haven't really had symptoms, I've been doing some reading up and apparently the endo can travel round your body, up to your diaphragm which can cause chest pain and difficulty breathing??!

Have you had an Mri?? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.