dermoid ovary cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have dermoid cyst on my ovary im getting alot of symtoms has anyone had this 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have a 2-3cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary, going for surgery on the 9th to remove. I'm also experiencing a lot of symptoms what are yours? 

• Posted

Hi Annmarie I had a scan 4 weeks ago  the sonographa said  the dermoid is about 2 cm i don't see my gynaecologist until end of April I'm getting very impatient now as I'm having back ache a lot of pain in my ovary left one that where it is and my abdomen is really swollen what is your symptoms 

• Posted

Yes same, I also have a uterine fibroid which they will be removing. They are taking my right ovary and both tubes all done laproscopic. I'm 47 and have children so I do not need them anymore. Symptom wise, I have been nauseous almost every day. I get twinges of pain on my right side where the cyst is. I get fullness in my bottom stomach area and lower back pain.  I'm scare about the surgery but I know it has to come out. My mom had one the size of a grapefruit and it burst! I do not want that to happen. 

• Posted

Hannah did they schedule your surgery yet? I found out via transvaginal ultrasound on March 13th I. had two different sonogram Drs confirm it's a dermoid. 

• Posted

I urine all during the night and I have gained weight have u? I'm only 28 years old two children I really want this thing out of me it's taking forever to see my gynaecologist I had an abdomen scan and internal scan at same time at begin of march when did you find out you had the dermoid and was it 2-3 cm when you first found out ? Iv been searching for weeks for someone to talk to 

• Posted

I went to my Gyn on March 13th she did the transvaginal scan. I went to the Drs since I was bleeding for about 3 weeks non stop. My Dr told me the bleeding is from the fibroid. But in the transvaginal scan they found the 2cm complex cyst. My Dr sent my scans to two different, reputable radiologists, they both said it was a dermoid cyst. I told my Dr I want it out asap. Three weeks later I'm scheduled for surgery on April 9th. I cannot wait. I'm nervous and scared but I know it has to come out, it will not go away and I do not want to end up like my mom did, hers burst it was the size of a grapefruit. I haven't been able to sleep and I have been a neevius wreck and my emotions have been off the charts. Are you in the US? 

• Posted

Oh my god bless you well I feel exactly same except I'm in the uk and our health service isn't very quick at doing things I'm in England are you down America ? 

• Posted

I'm in the US. No not yet haven't gained. It's crazy though up until about three months ago I was feeling great, then it hit me. I would like to share my email address if that is ok so we can talk further. It's nice to know your not alone in these types of situations.

• Posted

Hannah

Have you been having a lot of axiety as well?

• Posted

No I haven't had no anxiety you are mabey getting this because your stressed about the op is a dermoid hormonal do you no Annmarie ? 

• Posted

Yes I did read that, these Dermoid cysts are made up of "Master Cells" which grow teeth, hair, skin etc. I think they throw your body completely off. I get very nauseous in the morning and in between meals as well.  But I'm very anxious about the surgery. I'm thankful that the cyst is still small and they can do it laproscopically.i have been told that the recovery is easier. We will see. 

• Posted

Yeah at least it's small and it's going to be an easy surgery don't worry I'm sure will all go well Iv have lots of hormonal acne broke out on my face and iv gained weight since this I don't feel sick though 

• Posted

It's funny that you say that about the acne I have as well in my chin. Did they do a transvaginal ultra sound in you as well? Do you know when they will schedule your surgery?

• Posted

I have aswell on my chin and on your chin is a hormone acne no I don't no anything yet I have even seen a gyny yet 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.