Dermovate

Posted , 4 users are following.

I used the Dermovate every day, twice a day for two weeks.  My LS has calmed down significantly.  I will continue to use the Dermovate once a day for two weeks and then only twice a week for a while. Then onto three times a month to maintain some normality. My question is, whilst my LS is subdued do I continue thus? What if I get a flare up? Do I go back to twice daily? Or once daily? Or what?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My doctors have told me to use up to two weeks during a flare up to twice daily, not to use more then two weeks consecutively. Then a twice a week dosage permantly for maintenance which is suppose to help minimize flares.
  • Posted

It would maybe be best to consult your doctor again and see what would be the best treatment for you.
  • Posted

My gynecologist said after the first two week regime of 2x per day, to drop to once a day for next week then to 2x per week forever.  She said in the case of a flare up to go to 3x per week.  As I understand it , it is necessary to continue the clobetasol (dermovate) faithfully as only if a certain level of it is maintained in your system will the LS be kept at bay.  I personally would not dare to stop unless I had no symptoms for some time. If that were - (sigh  - I wish it were to happen) then I would also check with my gynecologist before stopping.  I would be afraid the LS, give a chance, would come back with a vengeance. But I speak only from personal experience.  Check with your doctor for sure
    • Posted

Thank you, Helen and G30Org313.  Learning from your precise descriptions is very helpful.  One main problem with my experience where I simply gave up was, not having specific directions from my GYN - so I lost faith both in this GYN's expertise/commitment and in clob altogether.  

Meantime, I switched to another GYN locally who prescribed Cobagin (Swiss) plus Vagisan (German), both are more organic ingredients.  I will follow this protocol for another month.  If no significant improvement, I might consider going back to clob again.  Do keep us posted on your progress in a month or two.  Time will tell.  What has been helpful to manage your itchiness?

• Posted

Hi vibrant health, I have found with me that I have had to switch to wearing only cotton underwear (inside out so that the seams do not irritate).  I have also had to start changing my underwear twice a day which has seemed to help.  For work I used to wear trousers and have requested to be allowed to wear a skirt.  As my manager said I could wear a skirt with flesh coloured tights, I opted for stockings as tights would have irritated.  I only use emollient wash when bathing and showering.  I also use aqueous cream every time I visit the toilet.  All this seems to have helped me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.