Dermovate

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.

I was on dermovate once a day for 4 weeks.. then once every other day for 4 weeks. And now I am applying it once every third day for 4 weeks but I am feeling the symptoms are coming back. My doctor isn't back until next week and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what did you do? Plan is to apply it once a week in the end..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I would go back to every other day or whatever stops your symptoms for the longest time. Even using half days. Wait a week or so or until things are calm and try to reduce the frequency again. It is not an exact science. Talk to your doc again when you can. Explain what you are doing. Good wishes.m
  • Posted

Im not using dermo but locoid cream and the same has happened. One week of every other day and i am experiencing a nasty flare up. I wasnt told what to do in this circumstance but i am applying daily untill the flare ends and then i will resume to alternating days. The point is to make life manageable.
  • Posted

Go back to once a day until under control,then try cutting back again. This thing doesn't do as the doctors say. Just be comfortable that's the main thing
  • Posted

Thanks for your responses 😊 but isn't it risky to increase the amount of dermovate as I heard if you use it for too long/too much the opposite will happen and skin will get thinner and redder/irritateted?
    • Posted

You need to listen to the hour long webinair by Dr. Goldstein pinned at the beginning of this discussion titled 'New to Ls start here'. It will explain everything really well and will be the best hour you will spend researching this topic as it will settle a lot of your worries. Then you will understand that the skin needs thinning. A bit like psoriasis. Take care
  • Posted

Hi the same thing happened to me. I went back to see the gynocology and he told me to continue using the Dermovate twice a week pulse estriol cream three times a day and surfaces all the time.

It helped and I didn't need to increase the Dermovate.

Hope this helps

Kay

• Posted

Sudocream .... Zinc and caster oil.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.