Dermovate advice - finished 3 months treatment and still very itchy.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello 

I went for my 3 month follow up gynocology appointment, after 1month of Dermovate cream everyday, 1month every other day and the final month of twice weekly. I have followed DR Goldstiens application advice throughout this time.

I am still incredibly itchy. My gynocologist was surprised that I was still itchy after the treatment cream and spoke vaguely that 'one day I should be able to do without the cream but if you are still itchy, use it as you need'. My understanding is that I should never fully stop using the cream.

This was how it was left due to my appointment taking another twist which I shall post in a different discussion. 

So, what do I do in regards to the cream. Shall I use it daily again to blast the itch and hopefully stop it? It's awful.

Please give me some suggestions 

A123

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for your input. So... Shall I keep using the clob say every other day in the hopes that eventually it gives me some relief?

Interesting about the baking soda...when you say a spray bottle, do you suggest spraying this on everyday? At what times? Normal baking soda from the supermarket yes?

A123

• Posted

Some make up a spay but i wash with it after every single trip to toilet. Apparently urine is thought to be a contributor to LS so i have rigged up a bidet in my bathroom and use about a heaped teaspoon to 2 litres warm water and thoroughly wash and dry with this. Its so calming and soothing on the skin. Then i use the ountment about 2 to three times a week if that. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Oh yes baking soda from super market. Bicarbonated soda. 
    • Posted

Ordinary baking soda.  Every time after a bathroom visit.
    • Posted

That's totally cool.  And I experience the same calming and soothing.
    • Posted

I was given squeeze bottles a number of years ago with each of my two children, and still have them.  They are perfect for rinses of the nether regions!  I'm not sure whether they can be obtained in drug stores, but they work perfectly for rinses with warm water, and now I will add the baking soda, too!
    • Posted

Hanny--Do you recommend a baking soda rinse even in the night (I often get up to pee two or three times)?  Also, do you recommend that I rinse right out of the shower and before I use hormone creams and later the clob?  --Suzanne
    • Posted

Suzanne, if I start using the squeezy bottle (I like this idea better than spray – they sell these in the travel containers section of big drugstores) I'm sure as heck not doing it on my night run to the toilet. I walk with my eyes closed so I don't wake up too much. You don't want to be messing up your sleep for this.
    • Posted

I found that it wasn't just urine that was a contributing factor but that it was worse when any bodily fluid mixed together in any way (vaginal lubrictaion , urine, fecal matter). It seemed to be the combo that gave rise to some of my flare ups. I found that as long as I work extra hard to keep everything clean down there that I have less flare ups. (all the more reason why the baking soda would work because it's going a bit further than just using toilet paper each time therefore it's extra clean each time).  
    • Posted

I still have my squeeze bottle from when my daughter was born too. It works great. 
    • Posted

Morrell, the squeeze bottle that I use has a special top that sprays perfectly for rinsing off the undercarriage.  Not sure how a regular sqeeze bottle would compare, though maybe it might work okay, too.  I'm going to look online and see if the kind I was given when delivering babies might be available becasue it's great for that purpose.  The bottles that I have would be 18 and 22 years old!  
    • Posted

I googled "postpartum squeeze bottle" and got several hits, including one called a Lavette Bottle-- perineal irrigation bottle model. Really, really cheap in price.  Perfect for our rinsing! Does a great job.  
    • Posted

One of the reviews that I just read on the "peri-bottle" called it a "bidet in a bottle!"  
    • Posted

Oh, I see. They're sort of halfway between a sqeeze bottle and a spray – squeeze bottle with several holes. That does sound perfect.
    • Posted

That's the kind of bottle I use Pixie.  

Originally my thought was to prevent infection after the dilation procedure.  If nothing else, at least it would be that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.