Dermovate can it create problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am using dermovate for LS but found after a month or two that soreness and redness on the vagina and both thighs are now a problem. Could the dermovate be the problem?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Alice, i also had problems with dermovate which was prescribed to me first. My dermatologist switched creams and said that this sometimes happens. The new cream i use now causes no such problems. Hope this helps a bit.
  • Posted

Hi there, Thanks very much for replying. I do believe Dermovate can be the problem. I now find that the tops of legs are so sensitive and I cannot now wear trousers. At the end of the day my inner thighs are red and sore which calms down overnight when I have applied cream. My doctor prescribed Betnovate and DiproBase but neither is working permanently. Did you or anybody else find that the treatment for LS made their skin sensitive. Or is it just me? I would be most grateful if anybody could advise me. Shoud I stop Dermovate perhaps.
  • Posted

The same thing happened to me, I don't know if I should stop the Dermovate or carry on. The redness is spreading further down my legs and the worst bit is ulcerated. Is this the LS or the Dermovate ?
  • Posted

Hi there, I am so glad to hear that I am not alone. I intend to visit my own GP this Thursday and have now stopped the Dermovate. Let me know if you have any other thoughts on the problem. Thanks
  • Posted

I went back to my gp today, she said its thrush caused by the steriod in dermovate... and gave me cream for it. Surprize surprize, the cream has inflamed it even more in the two times I have applied it today. I honestly dont know what to do next. Please post your experiences anybody this has happened to- and please post anythign that helped. This is a nightmare.
  • Posted

Hi,

My gynaecologist has taken me off dermovate because it is too strong for me - made me very red and sore. Once i came off it the skin really settled. I use savalon cream most of the time but have been prescribed 1% hydrocortisone cream. Not used it much so can't tell if this is effective for me.

• Posted

Jillydee thats what happened to me, but the Clotrimazole 1% made me red and sore as well. Tell me how you get on.
  • Posted

I found Dermovate made things worse. It burnt like hell.

I posted my experience on the 4th of January - don't know if you've read it but the way I've dealt with LS has certainly been better than the hospital creams.

Love Jodie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.