DES Daughters and breast cancer/ & disorders

Posted , 2 users are following.

If your mother took the drug Diethylstilbestrol for miscarriages, then as girls you were exposed to this drug before you were born.

You will have to ask your mother if she took the drug. Then the following disorders may or may not occur in your body. Breast cancer, clear cell adenocarcinoma of the vagina and cervix, structural changes in your reproductive tract,(T shaped uretus), infertility, ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, prececlampsia,endometriosis, uterine fibroids, paraovarian cysts, menopause, cardiovascular disrases, diabetes, osteoporosis, and emotional problems. There is more information on the internet. I am not a woman but on another forum I listed the disorders that may occur with DES Sons, they have a number of disorders including their testicles. This forum has no information on DES Daughters or DES Sons. But since I am a xxy male, some of the symptoms that DES Sons have also affect xxy males.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The drug was used between 1938 to 1971. So many children may have been changed

• Posted

Dear John,

I am sorry you are dealing with the effects of DES.

My parents were more enlightened as a WWII physician and nurse, but had integrity and empathy for those less fortunate. They instilled it in their five daughters, all of whom became physicians, nurse, nursing professor, and nurse practitioner.

My identical twin and I have the identical breast cancer diagnosed at the same time, same location, same breast, same tumor markers, same size, etc.... fortunately, it was caught early. We have an excellent prognosis. Genetics and environment...

you are what you are...but how you are is how you deal with it.

thanks for your sharing of knowledge....

knowledge is power...

Best Regards,

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.