Describe your hot flushes/flashes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Could everyone describe what they feel before and during a hot flash/flush. I think it would help each other to know what to expect or to understand what is happening to them as i think everyone's experience is a bit different.  thnks

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 48 , when I was 34 I started getting hot flushes. It started in my face, burning that went out through the to of my head like it felt my head would explode. Then all my body would follow. I feel hot and sweaty all over for at least 3minutes. Then it stops. This happens day or night. I have it for up to 30 times a day. I went to the doctors as my periods had stopped too. I was sent for a blood test which confirmed my body had run out of eggs and I had gone into the change early. This has happened to my Mum too. I tried many different HRT treatments until one worked. I was on this for 8 years . I was told by the doctors to come off of this. So all symptoms are back. So I am just getting on with it. It's anightmare and very embarasing. But until you have them you think woman are exaggerating hats happening to them. Praying to come back a man next time 😁

• Posted

i have that exploding head feeling too, not nice.  30 times a day is cruel!  At least you put it off for a good 8 years.  Keep us updated if they start to get less frequent or better still, they go!!
  • Posted

Hi. I started with the hot flashes and night sweats in July, I had my last period in June. I was cold and clammy most of the day with occasional periods of intense heat washing over me. The night sweats were the worst, I'd wake with a panic feeling and breathless and the heat would spread over my body, sweating. Push covers off then start shivering. I put up with it for two weeks then following suggestions on here, got super strength sage, passionflower and meno serene (a womens multi vitamin). I also got magnesium and D3. The sweats and flashes were gone within two weeks. 

I then started hrt patches in September, Evorel conti.  My GP said it was ok to use conti as I'm 57 nearly 58 and was probably approaching menopause. But she did say I was putting off the inevitable as the symptoms would return when I stopped the hrt.

I still take all the supplements as I feel so much better for taking them. Hair and skin improved.

Hope you all find ways to cope that work for you too xx

• Posted

thanks for reply maisie.  I may take a look at adding the sage, as these are kicking in now, especially the night ones!  I take vitamin D3 also but think I need to add something so let us know how the evorel is working out for you!   It's time to bring out the big guns! (for want of a better way of saying it confused)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.