Design of new KAFO

Posted , 2 users are following.

I saw the orthotist on Tuesday. He will see me in a month's time to take measurements for a new caliper.

Just before first lock-down I got my last caliper back. It had had an ischial ring added to counter instability at waist and hips.

I would like comments on T-straps and knee-pads to deal with valgus knee and ankle? Or are they too cumbersome? I will not wear a thermoplastic brace- I find it too uncomfortable- only metal and leather for me!

Does anyone use an ischial ring? What is the best cover for it?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

have had a kafo for many years due to a mixture of mixture of fracture at t6 @6 & t7 following a fall plus parkinsons . i am guessing its post code lottery as to your o the company Im fed up of simple repairs taking ages my knee locks have broken 7 times since August 10 days ago the brace was sent away with a promised 2-3 day turn around not surprised It took from November until May to get the kafo meanwhile leaving me using a spare ill fitting brace producing open sores My back pain is increasing and nothing is helping and adding a pelvic band wad briefly mentioned and dismissed Has anyone had a pelvic band attached to one kafo ? Im desperate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.