Desomono/desogestrel

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 

So i had the implant and I had it taken out, now I am going on the desomono pill. Can anyone tell me what their experience has been like on this pill, if you have taken it? I know it’s different for everyone but I would just like to know any big side effects or what your opinion is on it. 

Please help, thank you! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was on this contraceptive pill for 7 years it was absolutely fine for me I had no side effects whatsoever! I’ve just changed to the depo injection about a month ago as I was forgetting to take it and I have a long term boyfriend now. 
  • Posted

I had the most awful experience on this. Water retention, heavy bleeding, awful cramps, two periods as month, and acne that made me look like the elephant man!! 

Also think they made me depressed - my skin definitely did. 

Have been on Dianette month now, and my skin is finally healing and, fingers crossed, the other side effects of the  degorestrel seem to have subsided. 

Be careful, and if you feel

Something is not right see a GP straight away. I, unfortunately, left it too late. 

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Yes I will defiantly tell my doctor if I’m having any bad side effects! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.