Despair

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am back to square one. Its been nine weeks now. My whole lower pelvis feels bruised. I have endless burning pain, relentlessly making me move every three minutes. Can't sit, can't stand, can't lie down on my back or sides for more than five minutes. I have been stuck in a spiral of terror thinking I have cancer or I think I am over using rectogesic as at least the throbbing that ensues after applying it relieves the burning pain. I am at a loss. And I can't see a way out. My life is being ruined by relentlessly evil pain.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Caroline.ive had my fissure 16 months since childbirth. I had the op on the 27th dec and so far i think its working the swelling is only just subsiding so i still have healing to do....but rectogesic didnt work for me.there is however some cream that i carried everywhere with me.its called xyloproct if you can beg your gp for it. Its only lidnocaine. So essentially its not heeling you its numbing you but those few hours of numbness are bliss!!! Xxx
  • Posted

It's so simple but for some reason so many people don't get it... You heal a chronic fissure by drinking 3-4 Liters of water a day, going STRICTLY gluten and dairy free. Avoid bananas, red meats, and sugar too. Basically eat chicken and veggies everyday, or beans and lentils. And DO NOT strain when on the toilet. If you do all these things for 4-5 months your fissure will go away on its own with NO meds, NO surgery, and NO pain killers. That's all it is. Doctors will NEVER tell you this because it costs NO MONEY... You'll start noticing improvements after just 3-4 weeks and you'll know what I'm talking about.
    • Posted

Hi Zedong,

Your name sounds Chinese, Is this a cultural remedy? I am going to try your suggestions. My fissure has returned 3 months later and I always thought it was due to my diet. Today I had oatmeal because every thing I normally eat is on the bad list. Chicken and veggies I can do but how about pork, rice, fruit, and chocolate? I would appreciate any diet ideas from you. I have started to consume more water as well.  Thanks!

• Posted

Hi Greg. This is not a cultural remedy. In fact it was first studied by an Italian doc/researcher. The results were promising. It was an elimination diet on the treatment of anal fissures with the hope reducing muscle spasms due to possible food hypersensitivities. You must religiously drink 3-4 liters of water EVERY SINGLE DAY, not more not less. If you found that you had too much sodium or a bit of alcohol that day, increase it to 4-5 liters of water for that day to compensate. Most oatmeal has gluten in it. I would eliminate that from your diet. It might suck at first, but you must completely avoid all gluten and dairy. So no cheese, no milk, no eggs, no wheat, no a lot of things. Always read the ingredients and labels. Be wary of chocolate, because most of it contains milk. You can eat 100% cocoa just make sure you read the ingredients. Avoid red meat and avoid bananas, those slow down transit time in the digestive system and lead to harder stools. My breakfast every morning is an apple or pear and almond butter. Lunch is usually a lean protein and veggies or lentils, and dinner is usually anything as long as it is gluten free and dairy free. Rice does not contain gluten so you may eat it HOWEVER be aware that rice solidifies your waste so too much of it can make things bad. For recipes, a great culture to follow is the Levant Medittarenean cuisine. Look up Turkish or Lebanese dishes that have no gluten or dairy, they're usually the best tasting so you don't get bored with your diet. Try making an amazing Lebanese lentil or bean dish. Another peice of amazing advice, squat when you poop. You can easily do that by buying a product called the "Squatty Potty", google it and it'll explain all the benefits of squatting. It completely eliminates the need to strain and makes things move (fall out) much faster and easier. If you do what I say without any rule bending and follow it strictly you should see a drastic improvement in just a month and then a full disappearance of the fissure after 4-5 months. 
    • Posted

Got it. I travel to China on business quite often. Over there its easy to squat because thee are no toilets in many places. wink Now I am eating Chipotle for lunch. Chicken, Lettuse, white rice, black beans ( didnt know if Pinto beans are better to digest? I trust this is a good meal. Thanks again!
    • Posted

Hello Zedong

I have been following the diet and have done some shopping for Gluten free food. Not sure why eggs are on the list because its poultry and is a  good source of protein. Is bacon ok? I found some gluten free bread. very expensive. I also found gluten free pasta which I plan to cook with ground turkey. Your thoughts?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.