Desperate

Posted , 9 users are following.

Feeling desperate disgusted and don't want to live

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Bikerjools,

Please urgently contact your doctor, your psychiatrist and/or the Samaritans on 116 123.

None of us here are trained to be able to adequately help you if you feel that you are in danger of harming yourself.

• Posted

Hi Bikerjools,

Please DM me if you want to talk.  My Dad took his own life due to alcohol addiction so maybe I could help by listening to you.

All the best

Humtpy xx

• Posted

So sorry for the way you are feeling. Please contact the sender if Samaritans. You need to talk. Take care. Life is worth living x
  • Posted

How are you feeling bikerjools? Have you reached out to anyone in your area? I live in New York and I have numbers for areas around here but I think you might be across the pond? Please call suicide hotline or AA or even an alcohol counselor. Be well

• Posted

bikerjools. It is important that you change the way you see yourself. You are suffering from a medical disorder which was never your choice. The idea of treating people with this disorder with shame and blame methods is scandalous. Please consider that you are not a bad person and have nothing to be disgusted about.

As others have said, you must get help for your negative feelings about yourself, urgently.

Just know that there are medical options which don't involve shame and blame. Send me a private message if you want to talk. I don't personally have an alcohol issue but have worked with people who do for many years. There are solutions, don't give up!

• Posted

Sorry to jump in Paul Turner.

Bikerjools - click on the envelope icon which is next to the box with your 3 stars - up the top and under your name on the left hand side 

All the best

Humpty xx

• Posted

Hi bikerjools49

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hiya, bikerjools49, so sorry you’re feeling like that 😢 I know it’s hard !! Very hard. Are you feeling like this all the time. If you want to answer or if you just want to put your feelings down and wait for an answer that’s ok. I’ll be quite okay with you want to go with 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.