Desperate at breaking point for help Severe Hip Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I decided to google forums on hip pain as I'm at the end of my tether with what is going on with my body. And hoping someone is experiencing the same or similar not that I'd wish it on anyone as my GP is useless has not examined me and suggested pressure pains I'm 39!

I began with right leg swelling two years ago DVT ruled out but no answer as to why it's swollen as the day goes on the leg and knee gets bigger to the point I can hardly move the leg or wiggle toes

Around six months ago I began experiencing pain in my right hip mainly when sat or upon waking in the morning not too uncomfortable more annoying the past two months it's become so intense I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 2 1.2 hours. I fall asleep no problem then wake with excruciating pain right hip groin radiates down my leg into my knee it lasts approx 10 mins unable to move with the pain the move I move the worse the pain gets I'm at the point I'm wincing out in pain trying to get out of bed and hold onto the wall to trey and walk unable to bare weight on it. It doesn't matter if I sleep night or day it happens I'm completely exhausted with it. I also get cold and hot sweats at same time fatigue and twitching in the leg where I can see it pulsating like a twitchy eye.

This weekend it's been the worst ever I started bleeding Friday night which is unusual as my periods stopped 2 years ago I begun irregular bleeding sept last year more like spotting then Xmas time this time it's like a heavy period. I'm not sure if it could be connected apologies if it's too much info but I really don't know what to do anymore. I've had to give up work because I'm completely exhausted even when I sat in a chair for more than 15 mins I struggle to stand up waist down feels numb.

Thank you for reading I appreciate any form of feedback or guidance.

I'm so tired and know I will be awake within 3 hrs of falling asleep. Xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Clare, it sounds like your conditions are varied and complex. I would think that you need a thorough physical exam and testing from a physician (or two!) for a proper diagnosis and treatment recommendations. You say your GP is useless. Perhaps it is time to try to see a different doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.