Desperate for a baby, please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

i'm new to the forum and desperately looking for advice to help me conceive.

I was diagnosed with PCOS (through an ultrasound) about 2 years ago whilst looking into something else.

As it stands now, we've been referred to the local fertility clinic and we've both had our tests done. My fiance is fine, no problems and it seems for me my issue is just the PCOS. I have to wait till July to confirm this and to get my results plus see what treatment I need.

In the meantime, I want to know if there is anything I can do to increase my chances? I know I need to lose weight as i'm currently 16 stone but I also have an overactive thyroid which makes it harder to lose weight. I'm also an emotional eater, although I don't eat a lot I eat the wrong things. 

I've tried doing research online to find out what I can and can't eat and the best way to lose weight but keep finding the information given gets contradicted.

Can anyone give me advice on the eating/weight loss side and any info they have found that has helped them conceive please. 

My fiance and I desperately want a baby and I feel guilty that at this moment i am unable to give him what we really want. 

If this helps or if anyone's interested these are my day 3 blood test results that were done in December.

FSH - 6iu/L 

LH - 6iu/L

Testosterone - 0.6nmol/L

SHBG - 34nmol/L

Free Androgen Index - 1.8

Prolactin - 207mIU/L

Day 18

Progesterone - 36.5nmol/L

Thanks in Advance

Nicole 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lovely

I think the main issue is your weight and stress you are putting on yourself. What is your current BMI? Stress is the greatest contraception, our bodies are very clever and try to stop us bringing children into this world if we are stressed!

Maybe deal with the reasons behind you emotional eating and then start a weight loss program, and involve your GP smile

• Posted

Hi Hun,

My current BMI is around 36. 

I have recently come off anti-depressants and been fine but it's really hit me how much I want a baby. that's whats set off my emotional eating again. 

I keep seeing and being told of different weight loss programmes that work and that I should do due to my PCOS, Overactive Thyroid and IBS but then I stress about if it really is the right one etc... I want to do the right one so it doesn't delay me getting pregnant anymore.

I just want to cry all the time sad 

• Posted

Your in a rough situation xx

The weight will magnify all the issues you are having so finding a weight loss solution is important. Have you considered gastric bypass? Xx

• Posted

No I haven't thought of gastric surgery but I doubt my doctor will refer me for it though. He keeps saying to do a balanced diet sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.