Desperate for advice and guidance on my swollen lymph nodes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im a 30 year old female, tracheostomy dependent thats usually fit and healthy until around 15 months ago.

The start of july i was 66kg, today im 52kg, this has all been unintentional weight loss, i eat a normal healthy diet but have continued to drop weight and into complete muscle wasting at present.

The past 6 months ive been on a rapid downward decline with my health, and almost bed ridden now.

Everyday im extremely weak, drowsy, lethargic, extreme fatigue, nausea which i take ondansetron for, pain in my back abdomen chest underarms neck, my lower legs swell on and off thats accompanied with throbbing bright red and hot, my bowel movement arent normal, short term memory loss, very forgetful, stumbled speech comes and goes, i seem to always get struck down with a trach infection and my body just cant fight anything nasty off.

December last year i noticed pea sized lymph nodes in my right groin that ive kept my eye on and definitely bigger and more prominent now, two have appeared in my abdomen more recently and now bigger ones in my chest area between breast and collarbone which feel bigger and hard. My breathing has deteriorated big time the past 6 months but now its painful to breathe because of my chest pain.

I have had many blood tests and scans to try work out whats wrong with no luck so far. Im so tired and finding answers in a small country town is extremely difficult. Its not a pleasant feeling knowing your body is deteriorating with each passing day.

I want a biopsy taken of a swollen lymph node but no one can do that for me in my town. Who would i see that looks after or into lymph nodes and illnesses and diseases with them?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I am so sorry you are going through all of this.Many of your symptoms do not align with lymphoma.. but if you would like to have it investigated you should see an oncologist or hematologist. I am not a doctor but pea sized lymph nodes in the groin are normal I believe.

how are your vitamin levels?

• Posted

I am sure that any type of doctor can help you with this issue. There are other health experts that can help you in this. Take antibiotics if you can, take your vitamins and say your prayers. Live healthy and always eat healthy, work out. If you do these things everything will fall into place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.