Desperate for answers !

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hello, I am 25 year old been battling with my symptoms for over 4 months now and it seems like no one really knows what’s going on. If anyone has any suggestion it will be much appreciated. 

Everything started with numbness, tingling, weird sensations (ant like crawling), formications, stabbing, buzzing pain, electricity pain and on. I have done MRI on my brain and spine, genreal blood tests and tests  to rule out deficiencies, ALL came back NORMAL. I was referred to a neurologist, which did a reflex exam said I look fine! He sent me for a Nerve test and an EMG. Which the neurologist did not see anything abnormal! 

My symptoms change a lot, some days I feel better some I feel worst, my current symptoms I am experiencing are different than the ones I had first month. NOW I am experiencing, formication (ant like feeling, like something is moving on the inside) all the time, muscles are very tight and sore, I have spots on my muscles that I press and they hurt a lot, experiencing stabbing pain mainly when I use my muscles ( I feel it mostly in my hands ) and this comes with pain. Everytime I move my muscles ( even now typing ) I feel like something on the inside is moving and it feels like something keeps on pinching me on the inside, visible twitching on and off, stiff joints on and off ( checked for RA- normal), hard to lift heavy stuff because I feel it more when I do so, muscles get tired so quick and soreness pain comes with it 

I don’t understand what can be the problem, is it neurological or something else.. I keep on being worried I am thinking it’s neurological but then maybe it’s completely something else and getting worst. 

Any thoughts?? Recommendation ?? I am getting frustrated, hard living with this pain and feeling. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

HI, I'm not sure what is wrong, but I have muscle problems as well. I found out I needed 500mg of magnesium and tons of water. See if that helps. Also (and don't laugh) get some Vicks and slather it on the painful areas. The menthol in it will do wonders. Hope this all helps somewhat.

• Posted

Thank you I’ll try that !! Do you take mg as vitamin supplements ?
    • Posted

Yes I take mag. as a supplement. I get it on amazon and take 500 mg every night. I also take 1500 of calcium and drink lots of water. A great pain killer in addition to the vicks is therarelief. I saw it on tv and sent off for some. You rub it on the bottom of your feet and on your legs. I also use spray magnesium and spray a little on my legs where the pain is. both of these things help a lot. you can also get some DMSO from the feed store and roll some on your pain. Trust me, I have a whole arsenal of pain killers. I can't take meds because I react to a lot of them so I use herbs and essential oils.and I do stretching exercises to help. I hope some of this helps you. I know how horrible and debilitating pain can be.

• Posted

I should add-go to it's Dr. Axe's website and search his site for some of the symptoms. there are different kinds of magnesium and you want to be sure to get the right one. I take magnesium  Citrate.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

I am having very similar symptoms as well. I really don't know why this is happening. If you figure it out please share it.

• Posted

I’ll be going to my neurologist again I wanna see what he think and what I should do to make my self feel better. I want to ask for some X-ray or ultrasound so see if there is a joint problem or inflammation. I’ll let you know if I find my answer ! 
    • Posted

If you have a good chiropractor go there first. I had all the tests done and my chiro has been a lot of help. I do have a broken tailbone that affects the muscles in my legs. There are just so many things to go thru to find out what is wrong. Hopefully your neurologist can help. make sure they read the x-rays right. I had x-rays that showed my pelvis was crooked and the dr missed it. but the chiro caught it right away and fixed it. hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Does the chiro deal with muscles or just bones ? I am not really sure what the chiro does. I was told acupanture  helps !! So I want to try that. I tried one session but the lady wasn’t so good and I was literally been in pain with those needles, I have been told it should be a nice relaxing session... so need to find a different one 
  • Posted

Just a thought but have you checked allergies? My daughter had horrible depression and was cutting herself. She went to a nature path that took her off gluten and all her symptoms went away and she even had a personality change. Before she was really quick to get angry and depressed, now she is the sweetest person and we don't have to be so careful and fearful that we will set her off.  There are a lot of symptoms connected with gluten intolerance. Since you have done everything else, you could try going gluten free for a month and see what happens. 

• Posted

I was thinking of that actually ! I should

Try it. I’ll start February as gluten free and see how I feel . Thanks smile

• Posted

there is one thing you can do if you try everything else. go to a naturepath (sp) and  let them tell you what's going on. I know that they can check for things and find things the drs miss. Strange as it seems, they can test a sample of your hair and tell you what all is wrong in your body. Your fingernails also reveal things. Google that and look to see if any of your fingernails look like the pics they have. Honestly, I trust nature paths over drs in most things because I can't take meds and so they give you natural solutions and herbs and essential oils instead. If you can you can try on of them and see if they can help you.

• Posted

That’s acthally a good idea! Yeah I’d rather not take pills and go the nature way. I found a few places in my city I’ll call to a one place to make a first app and go from there. Thank u ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.