desperate for help please .....sudden pain slightly to the left under my Breastbone while on holter

Posted , 4 users are following.

Medical History:

- gallbladder removed in 2014

​- acute pancreatitis

​- panic attacks

​Currently experiencing

​- palpitations/ high heart rate particularly in standing position

​- chest pains on and off (many episodes in a day)

​- fibroadenoma

Tests done with NORMAL results

- 4 stress tests (sep 2015, dec 2016, feb 2017, 11 may 2017)

​- 5 echos ( sep 2015, 3 in dec 2016, 11 may 2017 )

​- over 100+ ECGs

​- 5 holter/ecg monitors (sep 2015, nov 2016, dec 2016, may 2017, 30 day on)

​- several NORMAL blood tests vitb12(high), iron, lipids all NORMAL

Cardiologists seen: 3, Last seen 11 May 2017

​today 30 mins after drinking some decaff tea with cookies, suddenly i had sharp pain slightly to the left of my upper breastbone on the scale of 7/10 stopping me from talking.... i looked at holter monitor my heart rate was 136, 113 107 100 98 94 every second. bad pain lasted for 3 seconds then was kind of dull ache for 5-10 minutes. what it cud be ? could it be heart related or any other pain ???

​little stress or panic situation gives me palpitations

​Every morning after getting up from bed my heart rate jumps to 136-146bpm from 70s..80s

​Heart rate comes down to under 105 when i sit

​so confused what disease i am suffering from

​please please please kindly help.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dear Mandy

Sorry to hear of your worries.

Are you quite sure your recent experience wasn't just trapped wind.

I don't mean for that to sound flippant as we are all on this forum because we have concerns for the health of our heart but sometimes the simplest things can make us worry too much.

If your tests have returned negative and your cardiologist has tried to assure you things are ok maybe you can take some comfort in that.

Best wishes for the future.

Gap

• Posted

i wish its just trapped wind........ can wind play up with heart rate ??
    • Posted

Dear Mandy

I can't say with certainty but alot of people do think that our digestive system in general has links with what our hearts can do.

I was thinking more that if you felt a sudden pain whatever its cause could increase your heart rate through stress.

Good luck.

Gap

• Posted

I'd absolutely agree! Whenever i have palpitations it seems to coincide with severe gas build up to the sternum. Its well documented that gas can stimulate the vagus nerve which affects heart rhythm. So now when I have palps, I note whether I'm also burping a lot (which I generally am!) And this reassures me that its most likely the gas irritating the vagus nerve.

• Posted

Hi Mandy, sorry to hear your distress. I get palpitations and chest discomfort at times and get very anxious with it, so I understand what you're going through. I've panicked at times when I've had sharp pains under my ribs and in chest but it has coincided with excess gas as I have ibs, so in a way yes trapped wind can increase your heartrate if you think its a heart problem, you get the panic reaction and your heartrate goes up. May I ask your age?

• Posted

Hi Mandy, I think you  just had some gas or a nerve that was pinched. You have been checked out so well and so often, I think they would have found somthing if it was anything to worry about. I get weird feelings and pains, but my Dr. said if they go away quickly, and you don't hae nausea, sweating, etc.. dont worry! I hope this helps some. I have panic disorder so I know what you are going thruouh too! I had 2 pains in my sternum while eating a hot dog. Guess what, after finishing the hot dog, big burp! It was the fact I ate too fast. I also have a hialtal hernia, that doesn't help. Yes , your digestive system has alot to do with your heart! Try to breathe hon! You are fine!! Hugs, Mabel

• Posted

dear mabel

many thanks for such a reassuring post... it made me feel so good...

• Posted

Glad I could help! anytime, someday I may need yours too!! Sisters in "nerves" LOL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.