Desperate for quick and easy healthy meal ideas

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am hoping you can help me think of quick and easy meal ideas. I am desperate to eat healthily but I have so little energy to cook. I often end up eating ready made food or quick, grab and go snacks. On bad days, I spend most of the day in bed or on the sofa and either go hungry or eat rubbish. I am putting on weight and feeling really miserable about it. I have looked into loads of diet plans but they all involve a lot of cooking which I don't have the energy for. Desperate to lose weight and get all my nutrients to help with my energy levels but I feel stuck when I am too poorly to spend a lot of time preparing meals and can do little exercise. Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas!

Amy

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When you do have a good day, make up a meal or two and freeze half. I have also found that Betty Crocker has an email service that bring recipes right to your inbox. Most of those are easy, like 5 ingredients or less. Great slow-cooker meals. Lastly, if I’m organized enough to make up a menu from my couch, then I’ll cut up veggies the night before I need them.  I make dinner my primary focus of the day. I’ve had a good day when I’m strong enough to make dinner even if it did take all day! I’ve also broke down and have my grocery deliver or I order online and pick them up curbside. I hated to give up the enjoyment of going through a supermarket. But this is now. 
  • Posted

Making a big pot of something (healthy soup or stew) that will last a few days is a good way to go. Make it on the days that you feel better. Any kind of egg is quick, nutritious and easy (on toast or boiled). Also other veggies on garlic oiled toast like grilled mushrooms, courgettes and tomatoes with Parmesan cheese. Takes about 10 minutes. Roast a chicken and eat it over several days, make a bone broth with the carcass, chuck in veggies and pasta. Gnocchi or pasta with frozen peas/spinach chucked in, olive oil and Parmesan. Tinned mackerel in tom sauce on toast, chuck it under the grill -super healthy. Mashed avocado on toast - super healthy. Choosing a few basic nutritious meals and just rotating them throughout the week is better than resorting to the ready meals/junk.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.