Desperate for some support guys

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone,

The last 2-3 weeks have been the absolute worst for me, both emotionally and physically. I started off with terrible migraines 3 months ago that would last a week and found myself increasingly sensitive to headaches.

This ramped up 3 weeks ago when I got a really bad migraine, the after effects of which were head pressure ( whenever i raise my eyebrows up) and like a moron I went for a massage. This made things exponentially worse and since then i feel lightheaded and a constant pressure on my head. I was diagnosed with low VIT D (16) and have taken an injection.

MRI test was done all clear, blood work normal then i went for a thyroid scan. They found a 6x6 mm cystic nodule and micronodules indicating i was heading for a goiter and Hashimotos. I think I already have Hashimotos because I feel weak very quickly , ive lost my appetite, twitching and tremors and weight ( this is mainly due to anxiety) and have been heading down a dark path. The doctors won't give me meds because they believe my TSH levels are normal at 2.8. 

I went to the eye doctor and he said i have a big optic disc and high eye pressure of 22 but otherwise everything looks normal. He was worried i might be pre disposed to developing glaucoma ( whoopie).

I'm at my wits end and would really appreciate any advice. They have given me Betaserc for benign positional vertigo that's not helping majorly.

My diagnosis for myself currently is:

- Hashimotos

- CSF leak

- Temporal arteritis

- Glaucoma 

The last two days have been spent just tearing up in bed and missing me, the real me before I became THIS person. Thanks for listening! sad

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has the nodule in your thyroid been biopsied?

You dont have Hypothyroidism if your TSH is 2.8. Thats bang in the middle of the normal range (0.5 to 5).

You are on the edge of ocular hypertension and could develop glaucoma. You need to have regular eye checks.

You are quite Vitamin D Deficient? Do you live in the UK? What complexion are you? You either need to go outside more or start taking vitamin D if your not already. This may be responsible for the head aches.

How did you come to the conclusion that you have a CSF leak and Temporal Arteritis?

• Posted

Hey Ben thanks for replying.

So basically because the nodule is 6 mm cystic, at this moment it is too small to biopsy, they will need to wait 6 months to see if it grows bigger than 1 cm. They are however saying it appears that I am developing a multinodular goiter due to the presence of several micronodules at my 'isthmus' and diffuse enlargement of thyroid.

I am going for a visual field test soon and starting to take eye drops for my ocular pressure and have also begun taking Vit D injections to bring my level up.

My initial thought was temporal because yes while I do tend to google alot (eeks) , my right temple was a bit swollen and my migraine was focussed there. My artery there is a little prominent but not bulging out or anything but the doctors have ruled that out. CSF leak was because i felt pressure on my head.

• Posted

How often do you have Vita D Injections? Are they into a vein or into your tummy?

Whats in the eyedrops you’ve been given?

• Posted

I just had the first Vit D injected into my hip vein.

As for eye drops I have a vision field loss test soon so they can confirm if it is glaucoma. Basically the ophthalmologist was concerned as I have a big optic 'cup' and high pressure. For now been given Timolol. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.