Desperate from tooth sensitivity months after filling done (got it replaced still persisting)

Posted , 1 user is following.

My problems started after I got replaced my amalgan filling (for estethics) on my first molar on the left side (lower side). I have never had any problems with teeth or any sensitivity (EVER) before. Now I can not regret enough how I miss my old filling which caused me no discomfort at all. I got it replaced early september with a composite - the filling was too high right after I left so I went back to get it fixed. Still not enough, next day I went back to smooth it down even more. Then it started to feel more natural but when I was biting into this weird paper to identify my high spots on my tooth I noticed horrible pain. My dentist said it's completely normal because he drilled my tooth a bit so I let it be and went home.

Now this is when things get tricky - I started noticing this extremely uncomfortable "sensitive" pain from nerve of that tooth ONLY when i eat food which is crunchy like tortilla chips, nuts, crunchy flakes etc. It always shot this "sensitive pain" from that exact tooth. Now note there were no high points because he checked it and when I bite I felt nothing unusual and no pain.

So around two months ago I decided to go back to my dentist to look on this tooth and he decided to replace composite with amalgan and I got really upset, because that defeats the whole purpose -I suffered for nothing to get back into the filling I did not want on the first place. SO he decided to replace my composite with glass ionomer cement. Now I know this filling does not last that long, especially on my molar but I was happy that I might get rid of this pain so I did not care.

As days went by I started eating whatever I wanted and today I ate some crunchy flakes with yoghurt and guess what.. it shot this sensitive pain again. When I ate crust on the pizza I felt it again, and again. I am so desperate. I don't understand why it shoots this pain only when eating crunchy things nor what can be solution or cause of this. He saw nothing wrong with the tooth and said the cavity was not deep AT ALL. He got it replaced first time and it did not help at all again. I went from fully healthy teeth with no sensitivity to this state of when I'm afraid to eat anything what is crunchy on my left side because of the sensitivity and pain.

Any advice? Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.