DESPERATE - INSOMNIA caused by REBOXETINE does it EVER GO AWAY???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on reboxetine about a month. Right from yhr get go I started waking up early eve very morning around 4 am. Then I started only being able to sleep 3 hours a night since. Last night I slept 2.5 hours and the night before NOTHING! THE 4 nights before that were 3 hours or less each night! I'm seriously concerned for my health. I don't want to give up on this antidepressent because it has lifted my mood and made me feel better in so many other ways.

Lots of people seem to tale mirtazapine with it to sleep, but my friend gain 50 kilos on that stuff.

I don't want to go there.

This is a seriously a big issue. I have 3 kids 8 and under. I can't have no sleep.

Does the insomnia of reboxteine ever go away?

HELP =(

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samilia,

I have taken 300 mg venlafaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine since July 2015. This combo works great for me. I'm happy and sleeping well. I put on about 15 pounds, but and my appetite has settled down now. I hope you'll find meds that will work for you soon. You really have your hands full with your young family.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

I had sleep issues due to my health and being on fluoxetine, i couldn't sleep for months, the only thing you can do is set a routine when to go to sleep and when to wake up. also try to tire yourself out as much as possible if your struggling you can also get a weeks prescription from your doctor for sleeping pills.  what is most likely happening is you have yourself stuck in horrible cycle, your worried about sleeping so your mind is constantly keeping you awake because it feels like it has due to thinking it's in danger so tell yourself you are not in any danger you will sleep again and just try to relax at night in bed and don't stress over it trust me i went through a nightmare and gotten through it so you will get your sleep back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.