Desperate to figure out what is wrong. Please help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Back in Oct around ovulatio I was woken up

at 3 am with extreme nausea followed by severe stomach burning. Thought it was stomach flu. Nausea left within minutes but burning stayed. Over 3 days it was on and off w/wave of nausea followed by burning. Yogurt or food would calm the burn. I was severely bloated and passing gas like never before in my life. Suddenly I started getting stabbing pains over right ovary and that evolved into radiating pain to thigh, back, under rib. This also includes constipation with weird soft bms (when I strain to get it out). Then pain started in left ovary. I was certain it was ovarian cysts but I had pelvic ultrasound (internal and external) and the report says everything is normal. No fibroids and no cysts. Yet my gyno said she felt something during pelvic exam. As my menstrual cycle was coming to an end I had less bloat but intermittent pain still present. 2 days after that the pain is less (mainly in hip) but now the bloat is back. Doc says we can do colonoscopy as a next step. He gave me a med to clear out colon to see if it helps.

Does this sound at all like IBS to anyone or should I be looking at something else? I have no idea what to do. It all hit so suddenly.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,this has all the hallmarks of ibs.Ibs 75 % women and 25% men.i have ibs and went through all the tests which ruled out bowel cancer .I also had a ct scan and they gave me medication and the ct scan came back normal which proved that i did indeed have ibs.How old are you.I am not being noisy but ibs effects people of certain ages.

• Posted

I don't think I could put up with 6 to 10 weeks of side effects. I am not a patient person and would rather take a mild medication that worked quickly with no bad reactions. Some of these medications can cause anxiety.

• Posted

Hi Sarah,47 and female is just right for ibs.Mine was rare as i am 65 .As ibs can cause anxiety,my suggestion to you is too ask your gp to prescribe citrolopram which is an anti -depressant .it may give you side effects for 6/10 weeks ,but after that it will help your anxiety and if you do have ibs ,then that medication may help your ibs ,it did for me

• Posted

Marsh,

You mentioned having a ct before. Was it with contrast dye? My doc is ordering that and I am now really scared as I heard those cause cancer or severe allergic reactions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.