Desperately Seeking A Diagnosis (Headache, High BP, Etc)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good afternoon all. I'm 25 yo, had always been healthy, thin and do not have BP cases in my family. 

Long story short: for the last 2 years I've been feeling like total CRAP. 

I have visited several different doctors and no one could diagnose me until now 

Main symptoms: headache, weight gain (+- 25kg/ 55 lbs), nausea, high blood pressure (max 170/120), tachychardia (from 80 to 130bpm), fatique and general tiredness. 

I've been submitted to a thousand different tests, including blood, CTs, MRIs, BP monitoring, etc, etc, etc. After many doctors and many tests, one test came up too high: Plasma Aldosterone 35 ng/dl (normal until 31). When repeated, it was 47.5 ng/dl. Renin was tested to calculate ratio (Renin: 0,90 ng/ml/h - Ratio: 52.7). My doctor said I probably had an adrenal mass, and this would explain many things such as high BP. I started researching and learn quite a bit about hyperaldosteronism. 

So recently I had a CT scan which came back clear, apart from micronodules in my liver (all smaller than 5mm and a 2cm mass in my ovary). Adrenal glands clear. Came back to the doctor, and when I asked what else could cause this hormone to be higher she said: NOTHING, only an adrenal mass. Imagine my disappointment in, again, not knowing what I have. Meanwhile, I have headaches every day, I can't lose a single pound and I only keep gaining weight even though my diet decreased in calories substantially - I have no appetite for most of the time. 

I'm done with visiting doctors! First neuro for headache, then cardio for BP, then endocrinologists meanwhile I just sink in symptoms. I'm done having tests, I'm done going doctor after doctor. I just want to live my life feeling GOOD. How I feel is really impacting in my everyday life: I can't function, my work productivity is decreasing, I just want to stay in bed. 

I BEG, please, if someone has been through something like this or even if someone has experience in this field, PLEASE HELP ME. I don't know what to do anymore.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Doctors should know how to investigate the sources of a high aldosterone... the same reason there are different reasons for having high BP, You are also young to have BP. Nausea? can you ask the doctor to tell you what he thinks about nausea? Surely if you show a list of your symptoms, the new doctor will help. Also take with your blood tests results. Tell him 'please help me I cannot live like this...'  we can all tell you lots of things but only the doctors, at the end of the day have the knowledge... they have studied at the university have they not. I wish you luck, let us know the outcome...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.