Desperately seeking advice!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

Desperately seeking advice!. Not sure where to go, I have been looking for answers since October 2017. My symptoms started with a mild pain under my left rib, some side pain and abnormal stool. It would come and go. Here we are 14 months later, pain has escalated, bloating, stools are bad- pencil thin, floating, disentigrated and sometimes explosive. Things are worse after eating, have belching and gas, pain is worse, feels like something under my left rib and pain in left side. Pain is sometimes worse when I do a lot of walking. I have seen 2 gastro docs, primary care several times, pain management, chiropractor. Been told it is my back, rib cage, you name it!

I have had so many tests starting last October. So far I have had colonoscopy/endoscopy, stool tests, mri/mrcp, cat scans of practically every part of my body, ultrasounds, lab work, even a bone scan. All normal! Started with another gastro Dr. last month. another normal mri/mrcp. The minute I say pancreas, the Dr's think I am crazy, write me off and give me some hokey excuse and they are then done with me. I am 60 years old and am worried that it is getting too late and it be too late to treat me.

Trying to getting into pancreatic gastro dr but they must review records to see if it is necessary. DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO GO!

Many thanks,

Tina Dreckshage

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Tina

Your note was truncated, so no one is able to get a total view of your message.

Thanks,

Jj

• Posted

I have had all that as well. Diagnosed with small intestine bacterial overgrowth. Took a very strong antibiotic and symptoms eased though they are not completely gone.

• Posted

Did you have the pain under the ribs? I just ate something as simple as a english muffin for breakfast and everything is starting again. I did have stool tests a year ago. Did it take a long to find it?

• Posted

Any luck on getting advice from admin to sort out how your message has been split up? Maybe try posting again?

• Posted

Desperately seeking advice! Not sure where to go, I have been looking for answers since October 2017. My symptoms started with a mild pain under my left rib, some side pain and abnormal stool. It would come and go. Here we are 14 months later, pain has escalated, bloating, stools are bad- pencil thin, floating, disintegrating and sometimes explosive. Things are worse after eating, have belching and gas, pain is worse, feels like something under my left rib and pain in left side. Pain is sometimes worse when I do a lot of walking. I have seen 2 gastro docs, primary care several times, pain management, chiropractor. Been told it is my back, rib cage, you name it! I have had so many tests starting last October. So far I have had colonoscopy/endoscopy, stool tests, mri/mrcp, cat scans of practically every part of my body, ultrasounds, lab work, even a bone scan. All normal! Started with another gastro Dr. last month. another normal mri/mrcp. The minute I say pancreas, the Dr's think I am crazy, write me off and give me some hokey excuse and they are then done with me. I am 60 years old and am worried that it is getting too late and it be too late to treat me.Trying to getting into pancreatic gastro dr but they must review records to see if it is necessary. DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO GO!

• Posted

following this convo. I have had the exact same issues since January and have had the same set of tests with same results. I am going for a SIBO test in January. By chance, were you taking any antibiotics before this began, or do you suffer from any autoimmune diseases?

• Posted

No to both of those! I am seeing the gastro's physician assistant Monday. The actual Dr. has already blown me off. I'm hoping she will listen to me if I don't mention the pancreas. The symptoms have worstened a lot in the past 2 weeks so I am afraid it will be too late. what kind of symptoms do you? How severe are they? Are they consistent?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.