Desperation..... any advice welcome.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I think I may have an auto immune disorder - have had thyroid problems previously. Have symptoms such as vitiligo on hands and genital areas, dry flakey facial skin, depression/anxiety, mood swings, severe fatigue to the point I don't leave the house for days sometimes as I don't have the energy, severe sensitivity to cold (agonising pain), all my teeth are falling out! Mouth ulcers, bleeding from rectal passage (currently having tests). After reading up on this, my daughter was also born with a birth defect ( imperforate anus) the same year I was cleared of an over active thyroid (T3 levels). Originally told I had Post Natal Depression after having my first (traumatic labour) but I didn't believe it was depression, I went insane, taken to hospital in an ambulance because I kept seeing images of myself in my head slitting my wrists and would constantly think that someone was hiding in my boot of the car ready to kill me or in the bathroom whilst I was in the shower, it was terrifying. I didn't leave the house on my own for a good three months and eventually as a last ditch attempt to find out what was wrong with me, joined a clinical trial for depression where they came back and told me it wasn't depression it was thyroid problems so I couldn't take part. As soon as I got pregnant with my youngest, it disappeared, the bad thoughts and other symptoms went a way but I was left with really bad fatigue and have suffered with fatigue and constant viral infections (at least one a month) ever since. Have been to the doctors lots of times and have been diagnosed with an over active thyroid, IBS, Raynaud's, vitiligo, depression but none of these have ever been connected. I'm 32 with two little girls 2&5 and have never been right since having having my youngest. I feel like i'm 72 years old and am at the end of my tether with it all. I'm reaching out for any help as my current doctors don't seem to want to look in to anything and just deal with one symptom at a time. Many thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Also noted that my birth mother gave us up for adoption as a result of the symptoms of an over active thyroid.  She's had her Thyroid removed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.