Detached, numb, dull

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I am looking to see if anyone has ever experienced what i am going through? I have been on antidepressants for 20yrs. i was on effexor the longest, probably around 10yrs then it just pooped out. that was about 4yrs ago. ever since the effexor pooped out I have yet to have a medication work longer than maybe a couple wks. I now am on lexapro 20mg and rexulti 1mg. I literally feel like my brain is shut off. I feel dull, no emotion at all. I feel detached and like I am just existing. I feel like I could literally sit and stare at the wall all day. I would like to add that I am perimenopausal and have hypothyroidism. I am wondering if it's time to get off the meds. I just dont think any med will work for me. has anyone had this kind of feeling? can you please share your experience? I am not living at all just existing.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi kdw12. I've been on 5mg of lexapro generic since Jun 29 and as of this past week I feel completely empty and devoid of any emotion. An aloof robot. It's one thing to shut down the anxiety and depression but I feel nothing at all, good or bad. Like you, I also have hypothyroidism and am in peri menopause (the latter has really taken its toll on me!). So yes, I definitely can relate! I want to stop using it. I forgot what a real laugh feels like, or joy! I'm so numb these days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.