Detached retina operation aftercare worry

Edited , 2 users are following.

hi after an operation for detached retina where there was a gas bubble put behind my eye plus two (scrapes) ? to save glacoma which sometimes can happen I was advised! two weeks later I could see crystal clear better than ever before the op out of the top part of my eye and was very hopeful it had been a success. on my follow up visit, Doctor remarked the nurses had yet to put dilating drops in my eye so she done it herself, then done it again to save time. I came home but began to worry as my eye was blurry again with the top part now blurry too. I went back regarding this two days later only to be told this was normal. It is now 5 days on and my eye is still blurred even the part that had seemed to be repairing. Have I had too much diluting fluid inserted? I am deeply worried as after the op, I could actually "see" I was healing day by day, but now its just the same every day. can you please advise me? I don't know what type of diluting fluid used. i eagerly await a reply. thank you in advance.

1 like, 2 replies

Report / Delete

2 Replies

• Posted

if nobody has an answer could someone possibly assist by advising me where or who could?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would advise you to return to your surgeon and talk to him/her about your concerns. The drops used to dilate your eyes, would not cause harm to your vision. The healing process after eye surgery takes time and it's different for everyone. After my vitrectomy, my vision also went from seeing clearly and crisp to seeing blurry. My prescription kept changing because of a rapidly developing cataract (a side effect of a vitrectomy). I had cataract surgery just seven months after the vitrectomy. It's been almost two years and my vision has been restored. Sending positive healing thoughts your way!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up