Determined to enjoy this holiday!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i'm 23 and i'm off to Las Vegas in just over 2 weeks time with the missus, my best mate and his missus. I've got bad health anxiety, and every holiday in recent times i've kind of ruined it for myself by worrying about something, i went to dubai last year and i spent most of it worrying about a mole on my arm, worrying it was changing. 7 months later and it's still the same, so I ruined that holiday slightly for no reason!

Went to Florida last year too, was worried about some testicle pain, 11 months later absolutley fine, so that was slightly ruined too. Went to rome 2-3 years ago, spent it worrying about chest pains/heart, ruined that big time.

So now i've got las vegas coming up, 23 years age it should be one of the holidays that i remember for the rest of my life. But my anxiety is starting to build about my chest pains/heart again, even though i've had countless ecg's, two stress ecg's, a 72 hour ecg and an echocardiogram which all come back fine.

Stupid me about a year ago a heart rate monitor for running (im not fit at all, i dont run much, for some reason i wanted to see my heart rate while running because i'd experienced chest pains while running too) so i put it on, running normal my pulse was fine. Then for some strange reason i thought i would absolutley leather it and sprint as fast as i can for aslong as i can and see what it will be. Did it, checked it and my pulse was 200 odd, which scared me but my doctor said its normal sometimes for a pulse to get high when you're that young and you push yourself to the limit. Anyway on my 72 hour ECG, i did the same again, went for a run etc and the cardioligist said nothing about it so even he isn't concerned about it.

Since i was like 15 i've suffered from excercise induced nausea, im fine just doing it at my own pace but say if i had a personal trainer telling me to do 20 pushups and 20 sit ups then 20 star jumps i'll go all sick and dizzy sometimes, not all the time.. which doesnt help me. I know its normal to feel sick and dizzy sometimes when you over push yourself but i hate the feeling, say if im playing football and its a proper fast game it happens then too but its just something i need to work on, getting my fitness up. 

I really want to get this out the way before Vegas so i can just enjoy the holiday, ive had all the tests and for what slight chance there was for a 23 year old to have heart problems, theyve been ruled out by the tests so why can't i just move on. so frustrating.. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You won't have time to have anixity in Vegas as you are so busy as the city never sleeps, I've just came back an I also suffer with anixity, try and switch off and hope you enjoy it
    • Posted

Thanks, how was your trip? I can't wait!! i've been once before but it was in december so it was quiet empty and the atmosphere wasn't the same as what it will be when i go in 2 weeks. 
    • Posted

I had a fab time , my brother lives there so I have been a few times , it will be hot so take plenty of sun cream and chill and have a fab time
  • Posted

To be honest just writing it out and reading it back makes me feel better and makes me realise its all anxiety. Sometimes if you just keep it all in your head it can run away with itsself but reading it and realising ive had every test possible on my heart and everythings fine, i should just carry on with my life.
    • Posted

Believe me, once you get to the States you will have so much to occupy yourself with and so much to see that you won't have any time or inclination for anything else other than enjoying yourselves.

What a big country, and what friendly people - may I carry your bags please?

Have a great time...........

• Posted

hello gyda if you dont mind me asking what kind of pains do you get in your chest and how dos your heart feel like it never stops beating hard or what? please get back at me and i hope you have a good time
    • Posted

All sorts of pains mate, mainly stabbing mains that just like jab then go, however the odd time ill have like a 5 minute spell of them which i guess is a miniature panic attack. If you've had all the tests you can almost certaintly say it's anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.